Chapter 69: Nervous and Excited

Chris's POV

I wake to my two year old daughter jumping on my bed.

"Willow," I groan. "What re you doing?"
"Jumping," she says.
"I feel that."

Next to me Melissa just laughs. "Willow Marie, stop jumping." She pats the space on the bed between her and I. "Lay down here."

Willow stops jumping, then flops down on the bed.

We lay in silence for a couple seconds before Willow says, "when is baby sister coming?"
"In less than four months," Melissa tells her.
"I want her now," Willow whines.
"Be patient, Lo," I say.

She groans, then hops off the bed to go play with her toys, leaving Melissa and I alone.

"I read a news article about myself earlier, which you're not supposed to do, I know," Melissa tells me.
"Hmm," I think out loud. "What did it say?"

She picks up her phone off the bed next to her and opens the article. "Melissa Benoist is pregnant with baby number two. The Supergirl star and boyfriend already have a two year old. They haven't announced their daughter's name to the public yet. Benoist shared the news about the pregnancy on Instagram yesterday night, posting, 'proud father of angel number two,' with a picture of baby daddy Chris Wood."

"That's it?" I ask. "It ends with my name?"
"No, there's more, but it's not new," she says. "I have never thought of you as my baby daddy before."

"Please don't start now," I beg.
She laughs. "Okay fine. Baby daddy," she says as she leaps out of bed.

"Melissa Marie!" I shout after her.

Around 3 p.m. we start getting ready for the short-film premiere.

Willow willingly got into her dress decently fast. Let's hope she doesn't spill anything on it.

Melissa is doing her hair while I get into my dressier clothes.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm almost ready when Melissa comes into the room.

"Looking good," she says.
"Thank you."

She goes back in to change.
"Are you ready to see?" she asks from behind the door.
"Yes."

She slowly opens the door. "What do you think?"
"I think you look wonderful."

We leave at 5 p.m. Willow starts complaining about her hair when we're halfway there.

"Willow, it's fine. I'll fix it when we get there," Melissa tells her.
She continues to cry about it until it gets fixed.

"Chris! Welcome!"Jerry says when we walk through the door. "Is this your daughter?"
"Yes," I say. "This is Willow."
"Hello, Willow," Jerry says. He then leads us to the red carpet inside the building. "Whenever you're ready."

I take Willow's hand so she doesn't run off, Melissa stays close behind me as we step onto the red carpet.

People start yelling out they want us to look. Willow's head turns constantly, observing all the cameras and people. Melissa joins us a minute later, then I go off by myself.

After almost thirty minutes on the red carpet, taking pictures and doing interviews, we make it to the place where the short-film will be shown.

I carry Willow as we head into the theater.

Next to me, Melissa says, "are you nervous?"
I just nod.