Chapter 1: Valentine's Day

Today was Valentines Day. Reed said he was planning something special, but, you didn't care. You hated Valentines Day. You always only bought things for Reed and Anna. They were the closest people to you. The thing you hated most about Valentines Day was the thing you hated everyday, Anna's ex, Cole Robert Brock. He liked to be called Colby, but you liked to get on his nerves, just like he does your's, so you called him Cole. He called you Jennings. At least, you don't have to sit with him in any of your classes, that would really drive you crazy.

You got on your bus, and sat down. Soon, Anna was on the bus. You gave her a pack of Skittles.

Anna: I love Skittles!

Jen: I know.

You both had forgotten that shortly after Anna's stop it was Colby's. He sat down in front of you and turned to face you.

Colby: Awe, look at the sweet, hopeless, lesbian.(This is for the story, there is nothing wrong with this, I support the LGBT community, even though I am not part of it. This is not meant as an insult in any type of way. I know some people are sensitive about this subject, but I am not meaning this as an insult. Please do not be offended.)

He said, looking at you in the eyes and smiling slyly.

Jen: That's cute Colby, but I'm not lesbian. 

Colby: Prove it. Kiss me.

Anna: She has a boyfriend!

Colby: obviously a fake boyfriend.

Jen: Whatever.

Colby: Just kiss me, even if you are lesbian, you'll like it, I promise.

Jen: Oh please, actually say something realistic.

Colby: Sweetie, I'm speaking facts.

You rolled your eyes and put earbuds in.

Anna: Just leave her alone Colby.

Colby: I didn't ask you.

Anna: I don't care whether you asked me or not.

Colby: Just shut up, no one needs your opinion, in fact, no one needs you, ex.

You looked Colby in the eyes and you took out your earbuds.

Jen: Excuse you?!

Colby: That's how I can get your attention. Noted. Anyway, meet me by my locker after school, or I'll tell everyone that you cheated on Reed with me.

Jen: He won't believe you.

Colby: I'll make him believe me.

He said, tilted his head to the side then letting his eyes flicker to your lips for a second then back up to your eyes.

Jen: Why the hell won't you just leave me alone?

Colby: Because I have control over you, in fact I have control over anyone.

Jen: What the hell do you want with me?

Colby: You really do not want me to answer that.

You pull out your phone and text Reed.

(Y- You R- Reed)

Y: I am going to kill Mr. Cole Robert Brock.

R: Why??!! What's Wrong??!!

Y: He is being an asshole.

R: Like always?

Y: Yeah

R: Just ignore him.

Y: I'll try

R: Just remember, my cousin is a lawyer.

Y: Hey, my parents are out of town, wanna come over?

R: You know it ;)

Just then, Colby snatches the phone out of your hand.

Colby: Ooh, what was she texting?

Jen: Give me my phone back Colby.

Colby: Maybe I can come over too and we can all have a good time.

Jen: You're sick

Colby: I could do a lot of bad things to you Jen.

He said in a raspy voice, which turned you on a little. He noticed and lifted your face up so you were at the same level as him. You smacked his hand away. After that, you weren't really paying attention and you didn't see him call Reed until he already hung up, but he said this:

Colby: Jen has plans with me tonight, show up, and you're dead, got it? Don't worry, we'll have fun without you.

And he hung up.

Jen: Why the hell would you do that Colby?

Colby: Like I said, I could do a lot of bad things to you.

He deleted Reed's contact and gave your phone back to you and winked.

Colby: Guess I'll see you tonight.

He said with a smirk.

Anna: Don't worry about him he's just an asshole.

Jen: Tell me something I don't know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were in homeroom, when the teacher said...

Teacher: Today, we're starting the project of the year.

The project of the year was worth 25% of your grade. You're paired with a partner and work on a certain subject that is a problem in the world and come up with a way to try to fix it.

Teacher: Jen, your partners with...Colby.

You put your face in your hands and whispered "of course I am"