Chapter 11: Lost Memory (pt.2)

Colby: Because I love her.

Will: So? Just because you apparently 'love' someone doesn't mean you change for them, and I know you haven't changed, and you probably never will.

Colby: How the fuck would you know if I've changed or not.

Will: Because I've known people like you, and they never change.

Colby: But I'm not like the others.

Will: Whatever the fuck you say.

He walked past me and leaned against the window.

Brennen: Oh look at the time, I got to go, I have a date.

Finally, he's leaving. He started walking away, but then turned around to say something.

Brennen: By the way sweetheart, once you get out of here, I'll be waiting for you.

he turned back and walked away, after we made sure he was gone, Jen started talking.

Jen: What the fuck is going on?

Will: You were dating Reed, he cheated on you with Anna, then you and Colby started dating.

Jen: But why would I date him? He's a textbook fuckboy.

My heart broke, I felt like Jen was gone and a stranger had taken her place. I felt tears roll down my face. Angry tears.

Colby: Yeah, that's all I am and all I will ever be.

I turned to Will.

Colby: Right?

I walked out, I needed some air. I couldn't deal with anyone right now. Jennings just called me a fuckboy, I mean, it wouldn't be the first time, but this time, it hurt, like nothing ever did before. I knew how I dealt with hurt, or grief, but I knew that Jen would kill me when she gets her memory back if I did it. There would also be no chance of her trusting me if I did it, I couldn't do it. I couldn't hurt Jen like that, not like everyone else. Her voice and everyone else's echoed in my head. They want to call me a fuckboy, I'll show them a fuckboy. I pulled out my phone and texted Jessica, a person who had been after me for awhile.

( C: Colby; J: Jessica )

C: Hey, wanna hang?

J: Can we, ya know?

C: What ever you want.

I felt no regrets, even though I should, right? I'm about to cheat on my girlfriend that doesn't even know that I'm her boyfriend. I'm back to where I started, an arrogant asshole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in Jessica's room. I instantly remember what I did. Why did I do this? I wish I would have just left it alone, I didn't have to do this. I quickly found my clothes and left. I checked my phone for the first time in awhile. I have a dozen missed calls. Some from Jen's phone, others from Will's, and few unknown, probably the hospital phone. They were probably only calling because I didn't come back last night. I clicked on Jen's contact and started calling it. "Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...This user has not set up a voicemail box" I hung up. I regret this so much, I never should have taken that walk. I checked my phone to see the date. Seriously? Today marked the day Jen would let me date her, if she didn't agree before the surgery. Now, if she doesn't remember the last few moments before surgery, (because not most patients do) I can't even accept the "one month" option. I decided to call Will's cell because Jen didn't pick up. "Ring...Ring..."

Will: Oh hey asshole.

Colby: What happened, why did you call me so many times?

Will: She has her memory back and she wants to know where you are and I refuse to tell her that you stayed with Jessica last night because you made that mistake, now fix it.

He hung up.

Colby: Shit.