Chapter 89: Answers

**TRIGGER WARNING FOR THE SONG** This song represents how Miles felt before he died.

*Miles' POV*

My heart ached for Claire. The part of me who has been developed from my shift urged me to dominate her and show her how much she needed me. I just wanted her to listen. I just wanted her to come back, not only to ease the pain but to be alongside the love of my life.

I miss her. I miss her so much. I miss her touch and her voice. Maybe she was right. Maybe I suck at being a guardian angel, even though I wasn't one when she was on the island. I could've done better. I could've died earlier. Apparently, Will heard my door slam when she left. He opened the door hesitantly and rushed in.

Miles: I told her. I told her and she hates me now.

Will: How much does she know?

Miles: She knows about me and my past. She doesn't know we're meant for each other, or about anyone else.

Will: Let me talk to her and I'll try to explain.

I nodded my head and he walked out.

*Claire's POV*

I ran out of Miles' room with images of the island rushing back to me. A few tears trailed down my face but I couldn't have cared less. I rushed into Peyton and Ash's room. They looked at me surprised.

Peyton: What's wrong Claire?

Peyton asked while getting up from her sitting position.

Claire: Is it okay if I go on a walk? I need some time.

I had noticed a forest behind the house and I love walks in the forest.

Peyton: Of course, just be careful and if you want to talk, Ash and I are here.

Claire: Thank you, Peyton.

Peyton: Anytime, Claire.

I nodded and hurried back out the door and into the forest to go on a walk. I needed to clear my head. I darted into the forest and ran for what felt like forever. Life is so confusing. Miles is a guardian angel. My guardian angel. He even sprouts wings and fangs. His eyes turn red for fuck sake! Does everyone else know? Everyone else has to know.

I found a random tree stump that looked safe to sit on and I did. As soon as I sat down, I felt the phone Peyton and Ash had bought me vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and the caller ID read "Will". I answered it reluctantly.

Claire: Hello?

Will: Miles needs to explain what happened. You don't understand.

Claire: I don't want his explanation.

Will: Too bad.

I heard Will both through the phone and behind me. I sighed and hung up the phone before turning around to face him.

Claire: Why does he have to be my guardian angel?

I asked softly.

A tear trailed down my face. I don't even really know exactly why I'm crying. Will walked over and gave me a hug and let me cry on his shoulder.

Will: Claire, please just listen to what he has to say. There's a lot you don't know. For example, Miles isn't the only guardian angel, you know. I am one too.

He whispered while rubbing my back.

Claire: Is it the way he says it is? Is it hard to control?

I wondered.

Will: It's different for him, but that's his story to explain. Unfortunately, I'm not only here to talk about Miles.