Chapter 72: A New Life

This song expresses what Jen felt when Will died.

*Jen's POV*

You laid on your bed, crying, like you have the past couple days. It's been almost a week now and still no word from Will. Colby comes in and talks to you, but you never answer. He told you how Ash has been acting weird. You are so tired, you've been staying up crying every night. Sleep has not been something that you've had for a week. All you've had is sadness and tears. You haven't ate anything either. Colby's been really worried about you. It's early in the morning and Colby isn't awake yet, his arm is wrapped around your stomach protectively, while hugging you from behind. His hair is a mess, but it's really cute. You snuggled in closer to Colby and it woke him up. You looked up at him apologetically.

Colby: It's okay Jennings. Just please sleep, or eat, or talk.

You put your face in his chest, and he smiled.

Colby: Thank you Jennings, now go to sleep.

He rubbed your back until you fell asleep. (The following is the dream you had.)

You walked through the doors to the house with Colby at your side and you were both greeted by two little kids: a little girl with her arms wrapped around Colby's legs and a little boy with his arms around yours. They were both about 5 years old.

Little girl (Lexi): Daddy, you're home!

Little boy (Jeremy): Mommy I missed you!

Colby picked up the little girl and smiled.

Colby: Daddy loves you Lexi.

Little girl (Lexi): I love you too daddy.

You picked up the little boy named Jeremy.

Jen: Mommy missed you too Jer.

Colby: Are you two ready for bed?

Little girl (Lexi): No daddy you just got home.

Little boy (Jeremy): And we're still playing hide-and-seek with Uncle Ash.

Ash came around the corner at about that time and he smiled too.

Little girl (Lexi): Uncle Ash is bad at hide-and-seek.

Colby: I know. He's bad at being quiet too.

Jen: He also can't fit into small places like you two can.

Ash: I'm just going to go to bed and attempt to be quiet in my sleep.

Colby: You snore too.

Ash: I know. Peyton tells me every morning. She even tried hitting me with a pillow once.

Colby: I tried killing you with a pillow once.

Little girl (Lexi): Can I try that with Jeremy?

Colby: No sweetie that's not good. You don't do that.

Little girl (Lexi): But why not?

Colby: Because it didn't work for me, so it probably won't work for you.

Little boy (Jeremy): Will it work for me?

Jen: No sweetie.

Little girl (Lexi): I'm tired now.

Little boy (Jeremy): Me too.

When you woke up from the dream you smiled. Colby was standing at the foot of the bed and he was smiling too.

Colby: How'd you sleep?