Chapter 16: Allies or Enemies?

Fear rose up inside you.

Jen: Who are you?!?!

???: If I told you that would take all the fun out of it, wouldn't it?

Jen: If you actually thought that you would show yourself.

You said, trying to hide the fear in your voice, which you were failing at.

???: True.

He stepped out from the tree to reveal himself.

???: Well hello, hello.

He looked so much like...Colby ? No, that can't be right. He had the same shape of eyes, just a little shorter than Colby, but taller than you. He also had black hair and lip piercing. His brown eyes were complimented with long eyelashes.

(Ignore the tattoos, Ash doesn't have any)

???: My name is Ash.

Jen: Jen.

You both shook hands.

Ash: Not to seem rude, but why are you here?

Jen: It's a long story you don't wanna hear.

Ash: I do.

Jen: How do I know I can trust you?

Ash: Well... There is the fact that I'm faster than you, stronger than you, and no one ever comes here. I could do anything to you, but I'm just simply asking a question.

Those words seem too familiar. Colby said almost the same thing on the road leading to your house.

Jen: Do you have a brother?

Ash: Yes.

Jen: Do I know him?

Ash: Probably not, he doesn't talk to many people especially after...

He stopped talking and you didn't think he would finish that sentence.

Ash: After a girl he had a huge crush on jumped off the bridge. He never really talked to many people after that. I come here in hopes I'll get the old him back.

Jen: I'm so sorry. How long ago was that?

Ash: Two years ago. Your turn.

Jen: I got into a argument with my boyfriend. I come here a lot actually.

Ash: You have boyfriend?! Remind me to apologize to him about the last ten minutes I've been fantasizing about you.

Again, he reminds you of Colby. You let out a small laugh.

Ash: Which school do you go to?

Jen: Ridgewood.

Ash: Me too, how come I've never seen you before then?