Chapter 90: The Party Pt. 1

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING THIS CHAPTER! THIS CHAPTER WILL INVOLVE NONCONSENSUAL THEMES

This is one long chapter. Over 2,000 words!

This song represents how Miles feels about himself and other guardian angels.

Misti: Oh my God, he told you?! It's about time!

Claire: Misti, keep it down. We don't want the whole school to know.

Misti spotted something behind me and started smiling like a maniac.

Misti: He's walking over here!

I felt an arm on my shoulder.

Miles: What's up babe?

Miles and I are basically dating at this point. Yesterday we probably would've had sex if everyone didn't come home.

Claire: Nothing much. Where's Jeremy and Ethan?

Miles: Waiting on us in study hall.

Claire: Then we should get there then.

Miles: Or we could dip and go home.

A flash of red passed through his eyes and I knew it was his angel talking.

Claire: It's the last period of the day. You'll be fine.

Misti: Claire, I need to talk to you.

Claire: Babe, go on and I'll catch up.

Miles: Whatever you say.

He kissed my cheek and waved bye to Misti.

Claire: What do you need to talk about?

Misti: You know Jamie, right?

Claire: Yeah.

Misti: Well, I've kinda been in love with him since we were eight.

Claire: You need to tell him!

Misti: Hell no. He can have just about any girl in this school. No way he'd go for me.

Claire: At least he'll know.

The warning bell rang and we both rushed to study hall. Study hall was held in a literal hallway.

Miles: Claire! We're over here!

Misti and I both turned and we saw Miles, Ethan, Jeremy, and Jamie in a circle with two spots saved. One between Miles and Jeremy and the other between Ethan and Jamie. I sat beside Miles and Misti sat beside Jamie.

Jamie: So, I'm having a party tonight while my parents are out of town. Who's coming? There'll be alcohol, of course.

Jeremy: I am so going.

Ethan: I can sneak out.

Misti: I have to go to clean up your shit, Jame.

Misti "complained" as she used her nickname for him.

Jamie: What do you mean?

Misti: Every time you throw a party, I have to be the one to make sure no one steals or breaks anything, then I have to clean up the mess downstairs while you have round two with your hoe upstairs.

Jamie: Incorrect, it's usually round five, thank you very much.

Misti: I hope you catch chlamydia.

Jamie: You never know, you could be one of the girls I make scream my name one day.

Jamie smirked and nudged her with his elbow. She rolled her eyes but failed to hide her blush. Jamie obviously noticed, but didn't embarrass her further. Jamie turned to Miles.