Chapter 18: Family Dinner

You heard Ash mumble something under his breath.

Ash: Where the hell did he come from? Fuckboy Alley?

You barely contained your laughter.

Brennen: I'm assuming that these are your parents Will. They're car broke down on Route 5 and I helped them get here, I even brought their car. You looked out the window, and he sure did, behind his car was a grey Impala.

Will: Brennen, leave. Now.

Will and Ash's Mother: Will, he was so nice to us, stop being so rude.

Will turned to his mother with a stone cold expression.

Will: I'll explain later, but trust me, you don't want him here.

Colby: Like Will said, leave.

Brennen: Why?

Ash: Because we don't want you here.

All eyes fell on Ash as he had a bow and arrow loaded and pointed straight at Brennen.

Ash: Leave.

Brennen: Who are you? Katniss Everdeen?

Ash: Don't push me. Asshole.

Brennen: Let's put down the weapon and all have a nice chat.

Ash: Last chance, or I let the arrow fly, and I don't miss.

Brennen: Yeah, right.

Ash moves the bow the the left a bit. He let the arrow fly. It stuck in the door, and inch from Brennen's face. In an instant, he had the bow reloaded and pointed at Brennen's cold, dark heart.

Brennen: Okay, I'll go.

Brennen walked out the door. He put their parents car on the side and drove off. Colby went over and removed the arrow from the door and he turned to Ash.

Colby: I think this belongs to you.

He tossed it to Ash and he caught it. His rings clinked against the wood arrow. You had just noticed he wore rings. Maybe he wasn't so different from you and Colby. The bow and arrow was made out of wood. It looked handmade.

Jen: Ash, did you make that?

Ash: Yeah, It took me two weeks. Well worth it though. Anyway, who the fuck did I just almost kill?

You looked at everything that just happened from Ash's point of view. He almost killed someone he didn't even know. All he knew was that we didn't want him here. That means he trusts us.

Will: An enemy.

Ash: An enemy? Is that it? I almost hit him in the head with an arrow for God's sake. Don't I deserve to know who he is?

Colby looked at you before telling him, to make sure you were okay with it. You nodded your head.

Colby: Well, to start off, two years ago, he dated Jen. He forced himself on her. She kept it too herself. Then, recently, he beat her up, resulting in her not being able to have kids, having a brain bleed and losing her memory.

It seemed like ages ago in the hospital.

Colby: Then, he showed up at her house and forced her to give consent or he would kill her, and I couldn't help her.

His voice cracked thinking back to the experience.

Ash: I should've shot him in the dick.

You let out a laugh at Ash.