Chapter 29: Cops pt. 2

You felt the uneasiness creep back up your neck. You were already a nervous wreck and that didn't help.

Jen: Wh- Why would you wanna do that?

Blake: I'll answer that question if you answer this one: "Why are you dating Colby?"

Jen: Fine, but why would you want to know that?

Blake: It's just a question.

Jen: It's different. He's like a high you never come down off of, and if you're not with him you crave his presence.

Blake: Hmm... Interesting. Tell me about everything that has happened over the past two years.

Jen: Well... To start out, I dated Brennen.

Blake: Did anything... Happen?

You wish Colby was here to answer it for you. You forced the words out of your mouth.

Jen: He forced it, I told myself it was okay and told no one, until recently.

He looked at you with a remorseful expression.

Blake: That is not okay Jen.

Jen: I know. I realized that.

Without saying a word you showed him your wrists. You could see he was holding back tears.

Blake: What saved you?

Jen: I didn't want to be saved. Will Jenkins found me. He kissed me while I was bleeding out. He somehow got me to a hospital in time.

Blake: What happened there?

Jen: Well after I got back from the hospital, I went to his house because all of his family were somewhere else. I was only there to keep the whole hospital scene away from my parents. We ended up having sex.

You lied to try to take the pressure off of Colby. You two had kissed, but nothing more than that.

Blake: Consensual?

Jen: Yes.

Blake: So were you two ever actually officially dating?

Jen: No I broke up with Brennen before I ended up in the hospital. Will was just a one time thing.

Blake: Okay, hold on. Are there anymore boyfriends that you've had that you haven't mentioned yet?

Jen: One. Reed Demming. He cheated on me with my best friend.

Blake: And how long did that last?

Jen: Not long, only like, 6 months, and that was recently.

Blake: Okay, there's just one thing I don't understand.

Jen: Okay...

Blake: Okay, so you dated Brennen, but that didn't last long, then you had a one time thing with Will, and then you dated Reed for 6 months.

You nodded your head.

Blake: How did you not date more people? You're a really pretty girl Jen.

You didn't like being here. You liked it better when Blake was quiet.

Jen: I thought we were supposed to talk about Brennen.

Blake: We're leading up to that, just answer the questions I ask and you'll be out of here soon enough.

He said, leaning over the table a bit.

Blake: Now answer my question Jennings.

You hated how he knew so much about you. It scared you a little.