Chapter 36: Anger

I shot up in my bed gasping for air. I could feel the beads of sweat on my face and my hair was soaked with sweat. I heard Dakota's voice from the door.

Dakota: Ash, go ahead and get ready so we can get a early start.

Ash: Okay, I'll be ready in a second.

He noticed I was panting.

Dakota: You okay?

Ash: Yeah, just... had a bad dream.

Dakota: Do you want to talk about it?

Ash: We'll have plenty of time on the road.

Dakota: True. Well, I'll leave you to it.

I took a quick shower and went to change. I hurriedly found a "My Chemical Romance" shirt and pulled it over my head. I found a pair of black ripped skinny jeans in my drawer, which held many other pairs of black ripped skinny jeans. I found my rings quickly and put them on. I found anything that had anything to do with Peyton and shoved it in my bag, in case it helped the investigation at all. I ran downstairs with my bag and seen Colby, Dakota, and Jen waiting for me.

Dakota: Great timing.

Still shaken up from the dream, when my eyes fell on Jen I could feel my eyes get bigger as I swallowed the gulp in my throat.

Ash: I- I think we should go...

*Jen's POV*

You and Colby looked at each other confused.

Jen: You okay Ash?

Ash: Y-Y-Yeah. I'm- I'm fine.

He turned to Dakota hurriedly.

Ash: You ready?

Dakota: Yeah, sure.

He said, suspicious of Ash's behavior. Dakota walked over and gave you a hug. During the hug, he whispered in your ear.

Dakota: If he gives you any trouble, I'm one call away. I can turn an 8 hour drive into a 2 and a half hour drive.

You laughed at the seriousness in Dakota's voice. You pulled away from the hug.

Jen: Love you too Dak.

Dakota: I'm serious Blondie.

Jen: I'll be fine Dak.

He shot a glance toward Colby.

Dakota: We'll see about that.

You rolled your eyes at Dakota while Colby was staring wide eyed at Dakota like he was about to pass out from fear.

Jen: Just go find Ash's long lost girlfriend.

You laughed.

Ash: Before we go...

He turned to you with a look of pure anger.

Ash: Is there anything you wanna tell me, Jen?

You had no clue what he was talking about. You were confused out of your mind.

Jen: No, and why are you so mad Ash?

Ash: You probably already know that answer Jen. It has to do with the basement.

Jen: We don't have a basement.

Ash: Are you sure?

He was still steaming with anger.

Jen: Ye-

Ash: Because I bet if you look hard enough you'll find one.

And with that statement he turned and slammed the door behind him.

Jen: Do either of you know what the hell his problem was?

Dakota: He said he had a bad dream when I woke him up but I have no clue what it was about.

Colby: Obviously, he has a problem with Jen right now, so, while you two are on the road trip, try to figure out what happened in the dream and tell us.

Dakota: Perfect, I have eight hours on the way there, then four on the way to the hotel, then twelve more hours on the way back.

Jen: Dak you have 24 hours to figure this out, then, we want to know.

Dakota: Easy.

Jen: Okay, go ahead and start on the road trip and tell us when he tells you all of it, down to the very last detail.

Dakota: Okay, got it.

He nodded his head and turned toward the door and you waved at each other as he shut it behind him.

Colby: That was... Interesting.

Jen: I know I don't have a basement.

Colby: He probably had a bad dream and thought it was real. Considering, Will's been showing us the future lately.

You could tell he was mad about the whole "future" thing.

Jen: Colbs, you known that'll never happen.

Colby: I know, I know, Jennings.

Jen: Colby we know what would happen if I ended up with Ash, but we don't know with you.

Colby: I'm so ready for all this cop stuff to be over.

Jen: Wait-

You were cut off my a knock on the front door.

Colby: I've been waiting a long time for this.

He boasted, strutting toward the door.

Jen: Colby, what are you doing?

Colby: Karma. Karma is exactly what I'm doing Jen.

He opened the door before you could respond. He opened the door to where he person on the other side can't see you, only him.

Blake: I'm looking for-

Colby: I know who you're looking for, but, he's not here.

Blake: What about Jen?

Colby: Would you give us a second?

Before he could respond, Colby shut the door in his face. He turned to you and grabbed you by the shoulders.

Colby: Go change into something I would like.

You caught on to what he meant and nodded your head.

Colby: Also, no matter what I say, I have a plan that'll work, trust me.

Jen: Got it.

Song:

"I'm lost in my feelings, I'm feeling myself. I've drained all these bottles that sit on the shelf. I'm lost in the sea of emotion for you. So, cut me to pieces and tear me to shreds, I'll live my whole life with a gun to my head."

Previous winner: neko_love_nyaaa