Chapter 35: A Haunting Of A Different Kind

Dakota turned to you with a serious expression.

Dakota: We need to talk about that.

He said, gesturing to your arms.

Jen: We will, just not right now. You need to focus on finding Peyton.

Dakota: Fine. But after we get back I expect an explanation.

You nodded your head.

Colby: Ash, what about the food?

Ash: I never started making it, only getting supplies out...But it's kinda too late to cook now so I would just find something for ourselves.

Jen: Great idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After everyone ate something you were tired and so was everyone else. So, everyone went to bed. You walked in your room with Colby behind you. You laid down facing Colby.  He felt that you hands were cold. He hugged you and you put your hands on the back of his neck. He was always so warm. He moved close to your neck. You could feel his breath on your neck when he asked a question.

Colby: Can I?

You smiled and nodded your head, because he actually asked you this time. You found it cute how he does things like this. He softly pressed his lips against your neck softly and sweetly. You smiled because it felt nice. His hand gradually moved down to your waistline. His hand started rubbing immediately. You grabbed his hand and he stopped and looked at you confused.

Jen: Not right now, tomorrow.

He put his head beside your ear and moved his hand away from that area after you released it.

Colby: Jen, you've been acting weird, is everything okay?

Jen: I'm fine Colbs.

He could clearly see through your lie.

Colby: Don't lie to me Jennings, I know you haven't slept in two days.

He said, moving his hand up your shirt and rubbing your back while smirking. It felt good, his warm skin against your cold skin was exactly what you needed. He also knew that it would make you tell the truth.

Jen: It's the dream. It has me on edge. 

Colby: You know that everything in that dream that I said, and did, is not me. I want you for you. If I had an ulterior motive, you would know by now.

A few moments passed as the conversation lingered in the air.

Colby: Wait... I just realized, you said tomorrow.

Jen: Why else did you think I agreed so quickly to getting Dak and Ash out of the house?

You said smirking at him.

Colby: God, I love you Jennings.

He said, with eyes full of lust he was barely controlling. He planted a hard kiss on your lips.

*Ash's POV* 

As soon as everyone went to bed I began packing for tomorrow. I was eager to find Peyton. I had waited what seemed like a lifetime for this opportunity. I packed clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. I laid down and fell asleep almost instantly. I drifted into a dream world. I was in the kitchen eating a sandwich. I heard Jen's voice.

Jen: Hey Ash, come here for a second.

I obeyed and followed her voice to the basement of the house, that I didn't even know existed.

Ash: Yes?

Jen had dirt on her shirt and pants like she had been gardening, but that doesn't make sense, every plant Jen even breathes on, dies.

Ash: What are you doing?

Jen: Have you seen Colby?

She ignored my question. I just brushed it off and answered.

Ash: No. Have you tried calling him?

Jen: No, not yet, I thought I should ask you first.

Ash: Okay, hold on, I'll call him. 

I went to my room and grabbed my phone on the way back to the basement, I called him. He didn't answer. I rushed back down the basement steps. 

Ash: Hey Jen, he didn't answer. 

Jen looked at the wall, trying to decide on something. I looked over behind the stairs and seen something sparkling against the sun from a tiny window. It looked metal. I walked to it without Jen noticing me. I knelt down and rubbed it between my fingers, getting the dirt off from the openly exposed earth in the basement. It was attached to something, I pulled it. The dirt shifted as I pulled a lifeless hand from underneath the surface of the earth. I recognized it. The bracelets were unmistakable. It was Peyton's hand.

Ash: WHAT THE HELL JEN?!?!?!

I yelled backing away from Peyton's lifeless body I was kneeling on seconds before without knowing it. Jen was over my shoulder as I sat on the ground with my hands supporting me up as I tried to piece together everything. My mind and heart were racing.

Jen: It was never meant for you to find out this way, Ash. It's sad, really. She had a whole life ahead of her.

I felt the tears pouring down my face as I spoke.

Ash: What did you do to her?

A smile spread across her face as she explained.

Jen: Oh Ash, Sweet, innocent, clueless Ash... I killed her.

Song: 

"I can't feel the way I did before
Don't turn your back on me
I won't be ignored
Time won't heal this damage anymore
Don't turn your back on me I won't be ignored"

Previous Winner: Weirdo_Fangirl394