Chapter 84: Breakfast

This song represents how Claire has felt ever since she was left on the island alone.

(Picture of Jeremy above ↑)

(I totally did not screenshot it from the video I made because I lost the picture. Speaking of the video I made, I'm working on one for section 3, I'm only including the new characters, though.)

*Claire's POV*

I felt my palms get a little sweaty and I started looking around the kitchen for something to protect myself with if he were to try to attack me. Deep down, I knew he wouldn't hurt me. I don't know why I am trusting him so easily. It's honestly scaring me.

Miles: Claire, calm down. I would never hurt you. There's just something you need to know.

I gave him a skeptical look. How did he just know what I was thinking about?

Miles: Let's just talk about something else, eh?

My instincts responded before I could think.

Claire: Sure.

I realized that he was working on making breakfast before I walked in and I decided I could try to help him.

Claire: Can I help you with breakfast?

Charlie: You don't have to, mate. You could get burnt from the bacon popping. We wouldn't want that, eh?

He excused. I just shook my head and walked further into the kitchen and leaned on the countertop.

Claire: Are the twins always so distant or is it just because of me?

I questioned, forgetting the names of the boy and girl who ignored my existence yesterday.

Miles shrugged.

Miles: Jeremy is a pretty welcoming cobber (friend). He showed me around and got me settled in upon my arrival. Now... Lexi... Her personality is like a dog (an unattractive woman). Just don't tell her I said that. But the twins had a blue (a fight) yesterday and I'm pretty sure that's the reason they were less friendly than usual.

I nodded my head in understanding. I mostly just assumed the meanings of all of the Australian slang he used.

Claire: Makes sense.

Miles: Lexi will probably be nicer to you since you have the same gender.

Claire: Maybe. We'll see.

Miles: Do you believe in guardian angels?

He asked like it was something completely normal to ask. Of course, I believe in them. I just don't have one. I can't say I believe in them because I don't want my new family to think I'm insane.

Claire: I don't know. The idea is absurd, but it's not really realistic in the fact everyone is supposed to have one.

Miles: Why do you say that, mate?

Claire: If everyone has a guardian angel, mine must've died when my parents did. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been stuck on that island for two years.

I shrugged, trying to take a jab at some dark humor.

Miles: Maybe your experience on the island caused you to get one, I mean, you never know.

He shrugged.

I gave him a suspicious look, but he ignored it completely. He actually stiffened up a little before he asked his next question.

Miles: Do you believe in demons?

Bullied By Colby BrockOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara