Chapter 4: The Bridge

You put the paper on your bed and walked out, walking to the bridge.

*Colby's POV*

I just put on my clothes I had on before and walked to Jen's room. Her phone was there and there was a note on her bed. I read the note and ran out the door. My mind was racing, I can't lose her. I don't even know what they did to her. I have a good idea, but I'm not for sure. I finally got to the bridge, out of breath and I saw her climbing up, about to jump.

Colby: Jen!

Jen: I told you not to come!

*Jen's POV*

I was about to jump, when Colby yelled my name.

Jen: I told you not to come!

He ran toward you and when he got to you he grabbed your shoulders so you couldn't move.

Colby: What. Happened.

Jen: You were right.

Colby: I'm right a lot, specify.

Jen: About Reed. He was with Anna.

Colby: Honey come here.

He hugged you. You never wanted to let go. Everyone you cared about was gone. Colby was just...there.

Colby: Are you sure?

Jen: Yeah.

You started crying into Colby's shoulder.

Jen: Why would you come after me, you've did the same thing to countless girls and you didn't even care... Why now?

Colby: Maybe I'm changing how I am.

Jen: People don't change. People can't change. I learned that a long time ago.

The hug lasted about ten minutes. It was interrupted by headlights. It was Reed's car. Anna and Reed got out and ran over to you two.

Anna: We found the note.

Jen: Never talk to me again.

Colby: Reed, take your little girlfriend and leave before I beat your ass

Reed: Okay Mr. Player.

He grabbed your hand and yanked you toward him.

Reed: Lets go.

Jen: Let go Reed, your hurting me.

Colby stood sternly with his hands balled into fist at his sides.

Colby: Let go of her hand before I make you. I also said take your girlfriend not your ex.

Reed let go and walked toward his car. Anna went with him. As they got in the car you heard him yell out the window.

Reed: You should've jumped!

You turned toward Colby and started making out with him. He soon caught on and helped you out. He probably wasn't doing it to help you, but it's what you needed at the moment. He was probably taking advantage of the moment for his own satisfaction. You put all those thoughts aside as Colby's face was now wet from the tears strolling down your cheeks. They left. You both pulled away, gasping for air. You leaned your foreheads against each other.

Colby: That's one way to make them leave.

Jen: I didn't do it to make them leave.

You lied. Even though Colby had saved you, it doesn't mean he's not a cheater. You wanted to make him pay for the things he did.

Colby: I thought I was a player?

Jen: You still are, which is why I'm sleeping on the couch tonight.