Chapter 58: Break Up

I felt like all the breath was sucked out of my lungs. I turned and left his house. My feet took me to the one place I knew I would feel better at. Karen's Cafe. I was going to see Haley. It wasn't busy, in fact, no one was in there besides Haley. I walked in and Haley immediately noticed something was wrong. I sat at one of the seats at the counter.

Haley: What's up Peyton?

Peyton: I got an offer to go to New York School of the Arts. Ash found out and I told him I wasn't going. I accepted the offer and I lied to him. I don't know why. He found out from a letter in the mail. He's pretty mad.

Haley: It'll take some time but I'm sure he'll come around.

Peyton: Well I didn't make the decision just because of me I also-

I was cut off by the cafe bell (which was on the door) ringing. I looked over to see a still very angry Ash. He walked over to me and sat a folded letter on the table and walked out. I picked it up and I turned it over and seen the words "we're over." written in blue pen. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. Tears ran down my face and I took the letter with me. Ash was already long gone. I knew what I needed to do. I needed to talk to Jen. Haley was good at giving advice, but Jen was the best. I called her.

*Jen's POV*

You and Colby were just chilling in your room. You heard a pounding at your bedroom door. You and Colby looked at each other, confused.

Jen: Yes?

Ash slung the door open.

Ash: You knew, both of you did and didn't tell me!!!

Him yelling caught you two by surprise. Tears were streaming down his cheeks.

Ash: I'll be back later. I need some time alone.

He said, slamming the door and running out the back door. He had left earlier, which woke both you and Colby up.

Colby: Jesus. Somebody pissed in his Cheerios.

Jen: Whatever it is, he sure is angry.

Colby: I have a feeling he'll be gone for awhile.

You just shrugged and went back to what you were doing. Then you got bored, so you decided to tease Colby for some comedy. You crawled closer to him and sat on his lap with your legs wrapped around his body and your arms hung around his neck.

Colby: Wh- What are you doing?

Jen: Nothing.

You said while leaning toward him and kissing him.

Colby: That didn't seem like nothing.

You moved your hands and played with his hair. A smirk appeared on his face.

Colby: Okay.

He leaned forward and kissed your neck. He found your sweet spot and he sucked on it. You moaned softly in his ear, which turned him on. He kept on kissing and leaving hickeys. You phone vibrated in your pocket and you pulled it out. It was Peyton. You pushed Colby gently on his chest, signaling him to stop for a minute.

Jen: Hold on a sec.

Colby: I don't know if I can.

He said breathily while obviously having a hard time controlling himself. You smiled, rolled your eyes, and answered the phone.

Jen: Hey Peyton what's up?

Peyton: Can I talk to you?

She said through tears.