Chapter 23: Dreams Are Not Just Fantasies

Will: Jen.

You turned to face him. He looked perfectly healthy, even glowing a bit. You thought it was just the effect of the dream. You started crying, knowing your brain was torturing you. You lowered your head and looked at the ground.

Will: Hey, Hey,

He said running up to you. He put his hands around your neck, lifting your head up.

Will: What's wrong?

Jen: You aren't real.

You said, looking off to the side with tears still rolling down your face.

Will: Yes I am, I'm right here. Jen, look at me. Let me explain what's going on.

Jen: I'm in a dream Will, that's what's going on.

Will: Yes, but no. I am a guardian angel.

Jen: Yeah, right, Like those exist.

Will: Jen, when have I lied to you?

You thought for a second. He had lied to you once before.

Jen: Two years ago.

He immediately realized what you meant.

Will: That was to keep me from getting punched in the face, or worse.

Jen: Will, you are a really bad liar.

Will: Well tell me, am I lying right now?

You thought it over, he wasn't lying, but logic showed it was impossible.

Will: We don't have much time and there is so much for you to know.

Jen: Fine. Explain everything.

Will: I am guarding you, Ash, and Colby.

Jen: From what?

Will: Brennen.

Jen: But he's dead.

Will: So am I.

Jen: I thought this was over.

Will: It's only just the beginning Jen.

Jen: What do you mean.

Will: Brennen is a demon. Made by the devil himself. I'm not going to lie to you Jen. He's stronger than me. I'll try my best to save all of you, but I'm not promising anything.

Will looked to the side for a good 10 seconds then he turned back to you.

Will: You have to go back now.

Jen: Why? I just got here.

Will: Every minute here is an hour there. You've been here for 20 minutes.

Jen: Already?

Will: Yes. Just know I'm there for all of you. You aren't dying on my watch. You will see me everytime you sleep. If you see Brennen, wake up immediately. Also, I'm in Ash's head too.

You nodded.

Will: You have to wake up Jen.

You closed your eyes and focused your energy. You seen Colby's face beside yours. You seen Will's face in the corner of the room, you've gathered that everytime a presence enter acts with your dreams, they appear in the room your asleep in.

Colby: Hey, it's about time you woke up. It's 6 am. I'm about to be released.

Jen: Already?

Colby: Yeah, Ash isn't up yet though.

Jen: Colby, I have to tell you something and you have to believe me.

Colby: Okay...

Jen: Will is out there. He's a guardian angel. He's watching over all of us.

Colby hugged you.

Colby: Babe, he's gone. There's no such thing as a guardian angel. I'm sorry.

Colby made you mad because where he was treating you like you were crazy.

Jen: I'm not crazy Colby.

You said, full of anger.

Colby: I never said you were babe.

Jen: Well stop treating me like I am.

You got up and started walking toward the door.

Colby: I'm sorry babe, I'm just speaking logically.

You stopped at the door. You didn't even bother to turn around.

Jen: Tell me when you're released.

You said, aggravated, and then you preceded to walk out of the room. You walked to Ash's room. There was no change. You walked over and sat in a chair beside his bed. You put a hand over his and squeezed it. You used your other hand to sweep the hair out of his eyes that had fallen there.

Jen: You gotta wake up Ash. We need you here. You seen where they patched up his neck so nothing else could get in the wound.

Jen: Listen, Ash, if you can hear me, we're all pulling for you.

You put both your hands on his. Something flashed in your eyes. It was Will. He had letters in his hands. The one on top said "Jen." He hid it behind a picture of him and Ash. You snapped back into reality. You felt like there was something important in those letters.

Jen: Thanks Ash, I'll be back. There was a knock at the door. Colby walked in.

Colby: I'm released.

Jen: Good, I need to go somewhere.

Colby: Where?

Jen: Will's house.

Colby: Okay, what's this about Jen?

He asked concerned.

Jen: Secrets.

Colby: Is this about your dream?

Jen: Why would it matter?

Colby: Jen, Will's gone, there's no getting him back.

Jen: If you don't believe me, fine. I can do this alone. But you're not getting in my way.

You walked out. You took out your phone and called an Uber. You told Colby to stay with Ash. You finally got to his house. You rushed inside, hoping no one would see you. You made your way to the shelf and found the picture, and sure enough there were envelopes with names. The first one read "Jen". You immediately opened it. There were printed documents and a handwritten note. You read the printed documents.

Jen: Of course, it makes so much more sense now.

Song:

"Tell me how you really feel, and I'll stop popping all these pills, turn my heart into stone."

Previous winner: Twilight_Da_Wolf