Chapter 42: The Cliff

Your feet carried you to somewhere you haven't been for a long time. You went to a place where you knew no one would find you. It was a cliff that Will showed you in attempt to cheer you up after the 'incident' two years ago. He said he found it on his own and you were the only other person who knew about it. The tears ran off your face as you ran. You surprisingly had your phone with you, which was blowing up with texts and phone calls from Ash, Dak, and Colby. You decided to ignore them until you got to the cliff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You finally made it to the cliff and sat down on the edge. It was surrounded by trees and it was a thin piece of land that hardly anyone notices. You took your phone out of your pocket and looked at Ash's messages first.

Ash: Jen where are you going?
Ash: Colby didn't mean what he said.
Ash: He's sorry.
Ash: Please come home or tell me where you are.
Ash: Please Jen.

You decided to check the other messages before responding.

Dak: Blondie I know you didn't mean what you said.
Dak: Colby told me what happened. He didn't mean it.
Dak: When I was 18, I ran away, remember? I remember how sad you were when I talked to you over the phone, telling you I was on my way to become a SEAL. Mom and dad told me you were more mad at them because they kept it from you. I was never really close to Violet as much as you, Blondie. I was still sad when I heard the news. I knew you were devastated. I tried to talk to you but you never knew how to pick up the damn phone. Mom and dad would never give the phone to you either. Blondie I missed you so much, I know I haven't said it much but I do love you no matter what you say or do to me. You are my family.

You just cried after you read Dak's messages. You moved on to Colby's.

Colby: Jen, please I didn't mean it. I know I said that I did, I have no clue where that came from.
Colby: And for the record, I never wanted you for that. I wanted you for you. Not to hurt you or leave you vulnerable or sad, but to love you.

Out of all the texts, you responded to Ash's.

Jen: You were closest to Will, he showed me where I am, figure it out. Come alone, I don't want to face Colby right now.

Ash: Or Dakota?

Jen: Not him either. He doesn't know everything yet, you do.

Ash: Fine. I know where you are, don't leave.

You simply laid down your phone and looked at the beautiful view from the cliff. You looked at the two tree stumps that you and Will had sat on the first time you came here. It was a long time ago, the trees looked a little brighter now, because it was summer. (Which, it being summer, means you're out of school. Not that you went the last few weeks anyway, but you and Colby had gotten a letter in the mail, (He received his at his house, that he went to sometimes to do a couple things, then he was back with you.) You and Colby had both graduated, even with the absences.) You walked over to the stumps and sat down on the one you always sat on. You looked over to the stump next to you and realized just how much you missed Will. You felt the tears trickle down your face. You couldn't really talk to Will right now, but he said he was always with you, so, you just called out him.

Jen: Will, I miss you, a lot. You left such a good impact on everyone around you. I also know what you tried to do for me at the party. Thank you for that.

You heard his voice behind you.

Will: Oh you're welcome, it was nothing really.