Chapter 70: Maybe This Time, It Will Be Better

This song expresses Nathan's feelings about how he is treated and what his life was like before he began to date Haley. 

*Will's POV*

Jen: How?

Will: Well, I basically out my hands on your stomach and cipher some of my power into the womb then- poof! You have babies!

Jen: I'm pretty sure that to produce, humans have to go through meiosis-

Will: Don't go all science on me.

I said, laughing.

Jen: But science can explain anything.

Will: Have science explain me. 

She opened her mouth to speak, but after a few seconds she shut it because I had stumped her.

Jen: What about Colby? What if he doesn't even want kids?

I barely hid my sadness at the mention of his name. I loved Jen, but Jen loved Colby, and Colby loved her. I wanted to say what was on my mind, but I knew that would be bad. I wanted to say 'Why does Colby even have a say? It's your body and it's your decision. Colby doesn't matter.' But instead, I said:

Will: If he wants it, he wants it, but if not, don't let it discourage you, it's your decision in the end. 

I smiled through the pain. I wanted to be with Jen. I wanted to be with her in sickness and in health... but I can't. I'm stuck in the friend zone. Just like I always have been, and I always will be. I seem so helpless and lovesick, and maybe I am, but I'm moving on. At least, that's what I tell myself. It reminds me of when I became addicted to heroin- it seems like the more I try to pull away, the more addicted I become. 

Jen: Are you mad about me telling Colby?

Yes, duh. Did she not see my expression?

Will: I am enraged by your lack of awareness of your words.

Jen: When did you go to Harvard? Your vocabulary is impeccable compared to the Will I knew.

She smiled. I kept a straight face.

Will: When I promised to get help you said you wouldn't tell anyone. Ever. At least I held up my end of the deal.

Jen: Will, I'm sorry, I know you trusted me, but maybe we should both get over it.

I'm done. No. I can't get over it. I can't believe she said that, as if it was nothing.

Will: I can't get over it. And for trusting you, maybe I should look elsewhere for trust. As for you, maybe you should look elsewhere for a best friend. 

I pushed passed her and walked out her back door. It was already dark out surprisingly. I need a drink. I went to a bar. I walked in and immediately sensed another un-dead person. It wasn't like anything I've ever sensed. It was stronger, stranger, and definitely not  living. I felt a pull of attraction toward this force. It was like I needed to be with them. I started walking around until I found where it was coming from. The girl was staring at me until I locked eyes with her, then she turned away immediately as if she had never noticed me in the first place. I had caught a glimpse of her and that's all I needed to make out her beautiful face.

 I had caught a glimpse of her and that's all I needed to make out her beautiful face