Chapter 86: First Day Pt. 1

This song represents how the island affected Claire's life.

(Picture of Misti above↑)

*Jeremy's POV*

It's been two weeks since the fiasco at the mall. Today is the first day of our second year of high school. Jamie and Misti should be here any second. Misti is ecstatic to meet Claire. She and Lexi have it out for each other. Meanwhile, I desperately need to talk to Uncle Jack about something important.

I heard the doorbell ring and I leaped off my bed and quickly got ready for school. I threw on black ripped skinny jeans and a black shirt. I almost ran into Miles when I bolted out of my room. He looked sad, like he had just been told he couldn't get a puppy.

Jeremy: What's wrong Miles?

Miles: Claire's been avoiding me ever since the mall. I think I scared her off.

Jeremy: If it makes you feel any better, I still haven't told anyone else I'm gay yet.

Claire's door opened swiftly, her jaw-dropping to the floor.

*Miles' POV*

Claire looked stunning and I physically could not take my eyes off of her. She wore a white crop top and ripped jean shorts with fishnets.

(I know this outfit isn't well put together but just go with it

(I know this outfit isn't well put together but just go with it. They'll get better.)

Claire: Wait- You're gay?

Jeremy: I swear if you tell anyone I will chop you up into pieces and throw you off a bridge so the fish will be fed.

He threatened, barely keeping a straight face.

Claire: I swear I won't tell anyone.

Claire turned to me with a warm smile.

Claire: I'm not scared of you Miles. Trust me when I say I've experienced things 100 times scarier than you.

I wouldn't be so sure, Claire. Someone who has red eyes and has to restrain from killing people whenever they become slightly angry isn't exactly cute and harmless, but that's your morals, not mine. I get especially violent when someone messes with the person I'm destined to be with. That's when things get ugly. For example, at the mall. Not a fun time for anyone.

Jeremy: We should probably go into the living room. Misti and Jamie want to meet you two.

Claire: Why exactly does Misti want to meet me again?

Because Jeremy has probably told her how amazing you are, Claire.

Jeremy: She comes over a lot and she wanted to have an ally because she and Lexi hate each other.

Claire nodded.

Miles: Why exactly were you listening into our conversation?

Claire: I just happened to overhear you loudmouths when I was walking out of my room.