Chapter 71: Selene

This song expresses how Jen felt when Brennen turned bad all of a sudden.

This was my first kiss since I kissed Jen four years ago, only this kiss was much better. It was like everything was perfect for once in my life. This girl, Selene, I've never met anyone like her. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I guess I still have my old phone that magically appeared in my pocket when I started breathing again, and somehow the number wasn't disconnected.

Selene: You should probably get that.

She mumbled against my lips. I pulled my phone out and I realized Jen was the one calling. I hung up and put my phone on the nightstand. It started ringing again as soon as I laid it down. It was Jen again. I hung up and blocked her number. I didn't need her ruining this.

Selene: What do you want?

Will: What?

I asked, confused.

Selene: Every guy wants something out of a girl. What do you want from me? No one's this nice.

I frowned and looked down.

Will: When I walked in the bar, I immediately sensed you. I just wanted to be near you. Now that I am, I don't think I could ever stop.

Selene: I thought I was the only one feeling that.

My heart exploded with happiness.

Selene: I know this is so crazy because we just met, but you're just so hard to resist.

Will: Same for you.

Selene: Tell me about yourself.

Will: You first.

Selene: No. Like I said, you don't wanna know my story.

Will: Try me.

Selene: I know you want to know about me, but you feel something for me, and I don't want to ruin it.

Will: I'm not one to just kiss some random girl I found at a bar.

Selene: Before we kissed, I pegged you for someone who slept with every girl he talked to, but after we kissed, it was obvious you haven't had much experience.

Will: I've only ever kissed one girl, multiple times.

Selene: Jen?

Will: Yeah... But we're not exactly on speaking terms right now.

Selene: Do you mind if I ask why not?

Will: This isn't exactly going to help my case of being single, but I guess I could tell you.

I sighed and continued.

Will: When I was fourteen, Jen and I were kinda friends with benefits, only we just made out a lot. No one knew except a couple people, that ended up dying. So, only we knew until she told Colby, then Ash found out. But, that's not all, one day, I told her I loved her and she said she only liked me as a friend. After that, I became addicted to heroin. She helped me out of it, and she promised me that she would never tell anyone. But, she did.

Selene: Do you still love her?

I thought about the question for a second and I smiled when I answered.

Will: No. I don't.

Selene: You will. You are a guardian angel. Most guardian angels fall in love with the one they are protecting, unless, of course, they're related. (Because this is not Alabama.) Just go to sleep and when you wake up tomorrow, everything will be back to normal.