Chapter 52: Tell Me

Ash: Woah.

Jen: Shit.

Colby: What the hell just happened?

Jen: Colby, once you are in that alternate universe you get these... abilities. 

Ash: So you can turn lights on and off?

Jen: I can't turn them on...

Ash: Sounds like we need to go to Lowe's.

Jen: Good idea.

All of you piled into Colby's car and went to Lowe's. You guys found the lightbulbs relatively quickly. None of you could reach the box you needed so Ash grabbed a ladder and started climbing up. His phone rang halfway up and he answered it.

Ash: Hello?..... Peyton? Why are you crying?..... We're on our way.

He turned back to you and Colby.

Ash: We gotta go.

He got the box and ran to pay for it. You guys did and rushed out to the car?

Colby: Where to?

Ash: Peterson Park.

You guys rushed to get there, and when you did, Peyton was sitting on a bench and Ash gut out of the car as it was still moving. He just ignored the part where you two tried to reason with him. Colby found a parking spot pretty quickly.

Colby: You think we should go check in on them?

You looked over Colby's shoulder toward Ash and Peyton. They were hugging. Peyton had a  death grip on Ash and was crying into his shoulder. Ash was handling it pretty well and rubbing her back to help console her.

Jen: No, I think Ash has got this one.

You turned away from Colby and looked out your own window. You felt how much you missed Mike tugging at your heart. You felt Colby's hand on your lower thigh and turned to him.

Colby: Jen, is there anything wrong?

Jen: No.

It was pretty obvious that that was a lie.

Colby: What is it?

Jen: It's something you don't need to know about.

You didn't want to tell Colby about Mike because if you did, you have to tell him about being a demon.

Colby: That only makes me more curious.

He said, leaning in, expecting information. Tears threatened to fall from your eyes. You just tucked some hair behind your ear and looked at your hands in your lap as you spoke.

Jen: In the alternate universe... We weren't alone in there. My cousin, Mike, was watching over us. He died of a drug overdose awhile ago. I finally got to see him again.

Colby turned you toward him and hugged you. You couldn't hold back tears anymore as he wrapped his arms around you.

Colby: In the end, everything will be okay. I promise Jen.

You cried in his arms for about five minutes before you decided that you would be okay. You pulled away from his hug.

Jen: Thank you, Colby.

Colby: Anytime.

Ash and Peyton walked back to the car. Both of them got in and Ash looked like he was about to literally burst a blood vessel or kill somebody... or both.

Colby: Ash, Peyton, you guys okay?

Peyton: I'm dealing.

Ash: I'm plotting a murder plan.