Chapter 48: I Miss You

Colby: No he can't be dead.

Ash: He's dead. I don't see why it's such a big problem. I've killed him before.

I gripped Ash's dresser so I didn't pass out.

Colby: Brennen and Jen were connected everything that happened to Brennen happened to Jen.

I left Ash's room because I felt the hot tears welling up in my eyes. I rushed down the stairs and into Jen's room. I slammed the door and laid face-down on her bed and started crying. The crying went on for hours on end. At one point, I seen a picture of us on the dresser and threw it. It hit the bathroom door and the glass frame shattered. I just went back to laying face-down and crying. I heard a knock on the door.

Colby: Go away!

Ash ignored me and just walked in. 

Ash: Colby you need to eat. I know she's gone but you can't stay here and cry all the time.  

Colby: I'm fine.

My words were muffled by the pillows my face were rested on. Ash walked over and pushed me to where I was face-up now and Ash sat beside me on the bed.

Ash: That doesn't look like fine.

I sat up on Jen's bed and got into the fetal position.

Ash: Do you wanna talk about it?

Colby: I just wanna be alone.

Ash: We both know I'm not gonna leave, so you better start talking.

Colby: I just miss her. I want her back. I told her I never wanted to leave her. She was the 'one'. 

Woah. I never said that out loud before. Or even thought about it. Ash raised his eyebrows in response.

Ash: What did you love about her?

Colby: Her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her... everything. I miss her. 

 Ash: I miss her too, but, she's not alone. She has Will.

Colby: I know she's not but I just want her here. Even worse, today she turned 19.

Ash: Colby, I had this really weird dream, but it gave me hope.

Colby: What was it?

Ash: It was me babysitting your  kids. Jen's kids.

Colby: What happened?

Ash: They were 16, twins, one boy, one girl, brown hair, They both had one blue eye and one brown eye. It was hella weird. They shared a room and their names were Alexis and Jeremy. Alexis went by Lexi and everyone called Jeremy Jer. They asked about you guys and how you met.

Ash explained the dream to me in vivid detail.

*Jen's POV*

You felt Colby disappear as he woke up. Will walked in and you felt something hit your head and then, everything was black. You woke up in the beach house and you stood up.

Jen: Jesus, when did I get wasted?

You said to yourself as you felt the terrible headache. Every word and sound echoed and felt intensified. You just opened the door and went to the kitchen. You saw someone you never thought you would see again. 

Jen: Mike?!?!

Mike was your cousin who died of a drug overdose a couple years ago. He was sitting at the island in your kitchen. He turned around to face you.

Mike: Hey Jen.

Jen: How can I see you?

Mike: Sit down first.

You sat at the seat across from him. He grabbed a cup and poured some whiskey and handed it to you.

Mike: You're gonna need this.

You started laughing.

Jen: Very funny Mike, I'm only 18.

Mike: You're 19. Happy birthday... But seriously, drink it.

You noticed the serious tone in his voice, so you did.

Jen: Okay, what is it?

Mike: You're in between dead and alive. You have two weeks to get along with Brennen... or you'll actually be dead.

Jen: I meed more whiskey.

You heard Brennen's voice from the hallway.

Brennen: I need whiskey.

Brennen reached over you and grabbed the bottle.

Mike: At the end of the two weeks, it'll be decided if you live or if you die.

Jen: Are you kidding me?

Brennen: Nope.

Mike: I'll be here for the two weeks and I'm here to help you two get along.

Jen: At least I won't have to do this alone.

Then you made a realization.

Jen: Colby probably thinks I'm dead. That I'm gone. Forever.

You felt the tear run down your face.

Mike: I don't know who Colby is, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

He said, patting your shoulder and wiping your tear.

Brennen: It's her good-for-nothing boyfriend.

You felt anger rivet through you. You turned to Brennen with a look that could kill. You felt this power in your veins you had never felt before. As you thought of everything Colby had done for you the anger manifested. Things started to shake around you. 

Mike: Jen, calm down.

Immediately after he said that, Brennen's chair flew out from underneath him. You suddenly felt really weak. You gripped the sink so you didn't fall. Your knees buckled and you collapsed into darkness.

*Colby's POV* 

I hung out with Ash and tried to ignore the fact Jen was dead. It had gotten pretty late and we decided to go to sleep. I had another dream about sex with Jen again. When I woke up, I reached over to grab Jen and realized she wasn't in bed. I thought she went to the bathroom and I went over to see if she was in there. I seen the picture of us and the shattered frame. Reality crashed down on me. I had had one of those moments where you wake up and be so used to something that you do it by instinct without thinking. I just slid down the bathroom door and sat down while leaning against it. I started sobbing and I couldn't stop.

Song:

"These drugs don't fix me but they sure as hell help the pain. Now I'm going, going, going, going, going, going, gone. I've been dealing with my problems, gotta but 'em in a song. Finger on the trigger you will never hear a sound. I'll be singing this song until they put me in the ground."

Previous Winner: loveColbyfanfic