Chapter 87: First Day Pt. 2

This song represents how Violet felt before she died.

(Picture of Kade above↑)

*Miles' POV*

I felt anger wash over me and I took deep breaths like Will told me to do. That sicko is talking to Claire. Again. Before first, second, and third period was enough. Before lunch is too much. Kade is the definition of a douche bag. I felt a pull on my shirt sleeve and I looked down to see a girl that might as well be named Barbie from her plastic body.

???: You look stressed. Let me help you out.

She rubbed my arm seductively and I ripped it away from her. I only want Claire to touch me like that.

Miles: Rather not, I'm fine on my own. Lotion and tissues don't cost that much.

I quipped, hoping she got the hint to go away and leave me alone.

???: Awe, baby what's wrong?

She asked while rubbing my abs through my shirt. I felt my top lip curl up in disgust. She continued moving her hand lower and lower. I looked over and saw Claire watching with a sad look on her face. I pushed Barbie off me and she gasped at my rejection.

Miles: Sorry, not really into walking STDs.

I mumbled before chasing after Claire. I know she got the wrong idea. She was probably too wrapped up in her conversation with that dipstick that goes by the name of Kade. I mean, come on, he's like obviously a douche. I skidded to a stop when Ethan stepped in front of me.

Ethan: Miles, can I ask you a question?

I looked over him, trying to find Claire.

Miles: Yeah, but I need to find Claire right now. Do you know where she went?

He opened his mouth to answer then gave me a sympathetic look.

Ethan: She doesn't want to be found right now... and you probably don't want to find her either.

Miles: What's that supposed to mean?

Ethan: I saw here go into the janitor's closet with Kade. We all know what happens in there and it's obvious you have feelings for Claire.

Miles: Kade is not gonna know what hit him. He's messing around with my girl.

I growled unintentionally.

Ethan: Wait- are you and Claire dating?

I can be such an idiot sometimes.

Miles: No, not exactly.

Ethan: In all fairness, the walking boob salad was all over you a couple of minutes ago.

Miles: I was being harassed. What she did is known as harassment. It was not consensual.

I clarified. Ethan rolled his eyes.

Ethan: Sure, let's go with that.

Ethan mumbled sarcastically. I gave him a small smile. I liked his attitude.

Miles: I guess we'll see them at lunch, let's go ahead and grab a table.

I gave a nod in the direction of the lunchroom that Jamie had shown me. Jamie is a pretty cool dude. He's also a pretty rich dude. Jamie's mom is a musician and his dad is an NBA (National Basketball Association) player. He's the most popular guy in his grade, obviously.

Ethan: Hey Miles, do you know if Jeremy is sitting with us at lunch?

He asked randomly with a look that showed he was deep in thought. Hey, maybe at least one couple will make it.

Miles: Yeah. Why? Also, you can call me Rush.

Ethan: If I tell you, you can't tell anyone.

He mumbled while avoiding eye contact.

Miles: I won't. Promise. I have plenty of secrets of my own I manage to keep.

He looked down at his shoes while walking, as if he was almost ashamed.

Ethan: I'm... I'm... Gay.

He whispered. After, he let out a puff of air and smiled.

Ethan: It felt good to finally get that off of my chest.

I looked at him shocked. Ethan and Jeremy can date!

Miles: So, have your eye on any cute guys?

Ethan blushed and looked back at the floor.

Ethan: Even if I did, I don't plan on leaving the closet until at least after I graduate.

I gave him a confused look.

Ethan: My family is very religious. My dad's a priest and he's got everyone convinced gays should be burned at the stake.

Miles: That sucks.

Ethan: Dude, life sucks.

Ethan chuckled. Silence fell over us and my mind wandered back to Claire. Doesn't she realize that I like her? I mean, I've made it pretty obvious. I noticed that we had made it to the lunchroom and Ethan and I quickly went through the line while meeting up with Jeremy.

Jeremy: Hey Ethan!

Jeremy greeted. They kept eye contact and I just stood there awkwardly.

Miles: I'm here too.

I commented.

Jeremy: Oh, I know. I was just acknowledging the cute one.

Jeremy regretted it as soon as he had said it and facepalmed.

Ethan: Right back at ya.

Ethan mumbled while blushing. I just rolled my eyes impatiently. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Ethan and Jeremy getting together, but I'm hungry and I don't know where we sit.

Miles: Can we please just go sit down?

Jeremy: I thought we were waiting for Claire?

Jeremy said more like a question.

Ethan: She's probably going to be awhile.

Jeremy: Why do you say that?

Miles: It's none of your concern.

I snapped without meaning to. I had started thinking of Claire and Kade together again and it made my skin crawl. His hands are all over my girl. I'm the one who is supposed to make her laugh and feel safe. She's supposed to want me. I felt sharp pains in my fingers and my teeth began to ache. My shoulder blades burned as the scars re-opened. My eyes felt like they were on fire and if most of my body wasn't altering, I would be sobbing.

My nails had elongated and I had gripped the styrofoam lunch tray a little too hard and the sides had broken. The contents scattered all over the floor. I looked up at Jeremy and he had gotten the hint.

Jeremy: I'll call Will.

I nodded and sprinted to the nearest bathroom. I heard my shirt rip and I stripped it off and shoved it in my mouth so my cries and screams would be muffled.

Any more ideas as to what Miles is? You may or may not find out next chapter. 😁

Any thoughts on Kade?

Anything else you just want to comment? I'll be replying.

Song:

"And she's on top of me and it is hot, hot, hot
She says come on sweetheart take 'em off
So I will take 'em off, and then we take 'em off
And then her dad walks in. Oh shit her dad walks in"

Previous Winner: Georgie_17