Chapter 47: Fix It

Jen started to move a little in the bed.

Jen: Will?

Will: Yes?

Jen: It hurts.

She was crying.

Will: I know it does. I know something that can help but you're not going to like it.

Jen: What is it?

Will: A type of cream that can heal anything. We have it on this side because people seem to get possessed quite often. You have to put it on the injury. In your case, all of them.

Jen: Can I be asleep for it?

Will: Sure...But before you fall asleep, I thought that you may want to know that Colby will be doing it. Not me.

Jen: He's here?

Will: He right behind you.

Colby: I'm right here babe.

I said, holding her hand.

Jen: Just be careful Colbs. I'm going to sleep now.

Colby: Okay.

I said in a shaky voice through tears. She fell asleep very quickly.

Will: You made her like this. Now, fix it.

He said, pushing the jar of cream against my chest.

Will: If you hurt her while you're doing this, I'll finish the job, and I don't think you want that to happen.

Will turned and left the room. It was only Jen and I now. I went over and took her shirt off. The amount of burn wounds were sickening. I started putting the cream on it and it started to disappear immediately. It took me a total of 15 minutes to get all the burn wounds... Except for one... The that I knew hurt the most. She woke up as I was taking off her pants.

Jen: What are you doing?!?

She must've been too tired to remember Will explaining it earlier.

Colby: Helping your burns. I'm on the last one.

Jen: What are you doing here?

Colby: I'm asleep. But I'm helping you.

Jen: Thank you Colbs.

She fell back asleep before I could respond. I continued with what I was doing. I put her legs over my shoulder so it would be a little easier. I looked at her and felt bad. I just wish everything would be okay. I want Jen to be happy. I want us to be happy together. I don't want other people getting in the way. I tried so hard to get her and now I finally do, but, Brennen keeps getting in the way. I know it hurts her to see his face. I tried to focus on the fact that I was helping her by doing this. I quickly put it on her and put her legs down. Why did I do this? I hated Brennen, but I knew what I did was wrong, but, I still did it anyway. I'm an idiot. A complete idiot. It's not fair Jen has to suffer because I ignored the bad feeling I had before pressing the rod against his skin. I want kiss every part of her and make it better, but, I can't. I can't completely fix this. I wish I could undo all of what I've done I've hurt Jen so many times. All I want to do is help her. She's been through so much hell because of me. I decided to lay beside her. I laid down next to her in bed and propped my head up with my arm. I used my other hand to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear. I rubbed my thumb on her jawline sweetly. I don't deserve to have her, but I do. I kissed the top of her head sweetly as a tear ran down my face. My hand rubbed her side that was exposed because I couldn't get her shirt on all they way without waking her up.