Gouri pujan

(a/n start the song when I'll indicate)

           That was the first day of gouri pujan. And as per tradition I was helping my mother in this as long as I remember. My mother was from mithila(not so surprised) so this particular festival had a great value in her life and here when I asked permission to Mata kunti, she gave it even if she wasn't familiar with it. I fairly remember the incident. It was some days ater the princes left for war. Mata kunti was very worried for them. I was in practice with Angraj karn. We were practicing swords. When we heard Rani gandhari's voice.
"Adrika" she said and we stopped immediately. I ran to her as she was about to fall. I caught her in time.

"Rani gandhari! Careful. Why are you here? And alone. You are not familiar with the armory. If there was something you could have ordered me." I said. She felt my body with her hands to reach my face.

"You came here as a guest. But been an absolute help in this critical time. You had been courage to kunti, peace to vidur, advisor to pandava princes and an unusual friend to Tatshree. How can I order someone like yourself." She said calmly but I felt little hostility when she mentioned about pandavas.

"I won't call my words advice but opinions. And they aren't targeted to anyone. It's the way how the person in the opposite end receives it." I said.
She remained silent. Then said

"Kunti is very worried. From the day the princes left her intake of food is slimming. From yesterday she hasn't took any water. I suggest you talk to her. She won't deny you."

"I will. You don't worry." I said. She touched my arm slightly before retrieving. I stood there.

"What thought you are getting?" Karn asked.

"I don't know, what words could calm a mother down who is worried for her sons at war. Will you help me?" I asked him.

"How?" He asked.

"Just come with me that will help." I said. He looked at me with a blank expression before nodding yes.

         I took some food and water as we went to her. She was sitting at her bed looking at a table in front of her. It had some earthen toys. Definitely from her son's childhood.

"Maa." I said.

"Adrika! Come putri. You finally got time for Maa. Good, atleast now I can see my daughter's face. Otherwise all I was getting was your praises from everyone."she said. Not looking at me, and hiding the tears.

"Sorry Maa. But we are here to eat with you." I said. She turned saying

"We... Subhadra Is.." she stopped when she saw Karn. A tear rolled down from her eyes.

        I went to her and placed the food on the table. I could see how dull she was looking. Days of neglecting nourishment was showing on her face. I sat at her feet and said.

"Do you know Maa, yesterday mahamahim bhisma called me to have dinner with him. He is so intimidating. Scary somehow. I couldn't eat anything with him sitting Infront of me. And this morning this young man here didn't gave me anytime to eat. Tell him Maa, maybe he can survive without any food. I can't." I said whining like a child. To which both Karn and Mata kunti laughed.

"Forgive me Rajmata. But give this devil of a daughter of yours some food. She already cursed me that if something happens to her due to not eating, she will hunt me as a ghost my whole life." I smiled at his attempts to lighten Mata Kunti's mood. She laughed at his words and proceed to feed me. But I stopped her hands.

"I have already eaten 5 plates of this. I can't eat anymore." I said.

"Arey, you were hungry. Now you are not." She said.