Marriage of the century

Nakul's POV

       Subhadra bhavi was officially my lucky charm. She came with a news that was a certain but distant dream of mine. She came with a world gift wrapped for me. She was something. Managing to calm Droupadi to accept her. Droupadi now adored her. Everyone did. She was someone you couldn't help but fall in love with. Pure like a drop of dew. My Adrika's subhadra. But for me, my favorite bhavi. She did what she promised. She did took over the preparation for my wedding. But it seemed like the whole kingdom was preparing. We were told to wait for a word before starting our journey. And the day came. We were at a court when we got a news that a Court's man from Island was arrived. We thought it must be Alpha Aeser.

"Oh boy.. Aeser is here... You all can carry-on. I'll be joining you soon." Bhrata Arjun said. We all appraised of the friendship of his and Alpha of the wolf pack.

"But where are you going bhrata Arjun?" I asked.

"When I was on exile I happened to visit a big weapon carnival. I got something for Aeser there." He said before leaving.

         We reached the hall where the guest was residing. To our surprise he wasn't Aeser. He was a much younger man. Looked like a warrior. He was exchanging pleasantries with Droupadi and Subhadra bhavi. By the shy smiles of both ladies one could say the kid knows his ways around women. We laughed slightly at it. He noticed us and our confused expression before turning to me saying

"My humble greetings Prince console." I nodded. He then looked at jyesth bhrata and said "Apologies Sir. But for Islanders, in every situation prince console come after our queen. We need to address him first before anyone else."

"That is understandable." Jyesth bhrata said.

"Pardon me asking My Lord, but was Indraprastha not ready for the words of The Island? I can sense a thick emotion of surprise in your demeanor." He said.

"No no.. We were. It's just subconsciously we were not prepare to see a new face. We were expecting Alpha Aeser." Jyesth bhrata said.

"Noah... Is that you?" Bhrata Arjun said entering the room. The kid smiled at him.

"Prince Arjun... Greetings. I am pleased to see you remember me." He said. Then he looked at the dagger bhrata Arjun was holding. "I am not a weapon kind of fighter Sir. If you remember I like close combat."

"Oh it's for Aeser. We thought he would be coming." Bhrata Arjun said.

"He would but My queen thought it would be good opportunity for the new beta of the wolfpack and the youngest member of her court could get some experience in travelling and handling out of Island matters." He said. We all looked confused. He wasn't the beta. New beta.

"Beta Namo?" I asked.

"He is alright prince consort. Just voluntarily stepped down to enjoy his retirement." He answered.

"Good to know that... So back to the business.. You have news?" Jyesth bhrata said.

"Of course. I have three letters. One for you my Lord from Lord Balram." He said presenting a beautiful crafted box. These are speciality of Island. Some kingdom even collect these letter boxes for its unique and intricate designs. "One for the ever lovely Lady of the house from Lady Helisha." He said to Droupadi who accepted with a smile. "And prince consort! This one is for you. It's from my queen herself." He handed me the box. I took the box. Of courses I could not open it in front of everyone.

"Come on beta Noah.. Join us for a lunch.." Jyesth bhrata said.

"Yes. If you are one of the close combat fighters, then you need a little fattening." Bhrata bhim said. To which Noah chuckled.