Letters

Nakul's POV

         Adrika, my wife. The most beautiful princess of time. The learned. The pakriti kanya. The best war strategist of history. The greatest healer. The queen of mysterious land. There were so my name world know her with. But I know her as my Love. My life. My only reason for life. The only woman of my life. And bearing the death of someone like her seem impossible. Sometimes I get shocked how I did it. How I survived. Maybe her love didn't allow me to end my life. Maybe the memories she left didn't let me follow her to afterlife. She protected. Sacrificed. Loved and United my family. When it comes to her evil turned pure. Hatred turned love. No one was spared from her purity. Not even our brothers.

        She asked us to live our life. Live like she was with us. And we did try. Some of us could. Some of us couldn't. I couldn't. I lived for our children. But living without her couldn't be considered life.

       She always said. You don't win a war. You survive it. She can't be more right. We forget to live after her. The scares of war was too deep. We won but lost way too much.

        After a while of her passing I couldn't dared to open the letter box she gave me a day prior. I was just way too scared what to find out. I loved that woman. But I can't deny that she did scare me. On the first lamp ceremony I opened it. I found letters. A lot of them. Long and short ones. Describing everything. About the years without me.

*****
Love,

I'm at Dwarka. Baldau and Bhrata Krishn aren't convinced yet that I have to leave. But they will. My brothers love me too much.

Subhadra is fine. Crying most of the time but being able to take care of herself. Any moment now the she can go into labour. I have decided to leave after her delivery.

I miss you. As much as you do. Yes. I know you do. But don't worry love. We will be waiting for you. Me and out child. What name I should give them? Why we never decide that?

You were better with kids. Not me. Will I ever be good enough to rise ours. We should have exchange places.

How will I live all these years without you love?

Time will tell.

Adrika.
*****

My tears stained the letter. My wife's silent love. I opened another one.

*****
Thousands lights around me,

Heart still dark.

Thousand smiles brighten me,

Yet I lost my spark.

Hi love,

It's been 5 months since that dark day. I'm still at dark. Lights can't cheer me anymore. Without you everything is just lifeless.

The power in my womb is weakening me. I'm loosing grip on everything. My health, power, consciousness and mind. I started hallucinating. But it gave me peace. I saw you.

Baldau freaked out seeing me like it. He thought I lost it. Can you keep it a secret? It was hilarious. He wrote to Legolas himself. You remember. The elf prince. My friend. I need their help in my pregnancy. Otherwise I won't survive. That's doesn't matter maybe the child won't either. And it scares the hell out of me.

I keep tabs on your journey. But sorry I can't visit you. I want this 13 years to be the phase that strengthen our bond.

Love
Adrika
*****

*****
Dear Husband,

Today was an elf ceremony of welcoming the child. The elders here has blessed our children. Yes love we are gonna have twins. I guess it's genetics. You were twins.