The happy days

Adrika's POV

     If I thought the first surgery was nerve racking, I was far far away from the truth. In front of the anxiety level of wedding, that was just a little nervousness. I promised my bhavis that I would let them do what ever they want to get me ready, and they took as much advantages they could out of it. I was wearing jewellery would be an understatement, because the jewellery was wearing me. I could not walk. I was wearing atleast 5 kilos of jewellery and dress combined. Thank God for my brother and Karn otherwise no way I could climb the stairs. Karn went above and beyond helping me in all these cases. He made sure I was fed. Sat with me all the while bhavis get me ready. He got special permission and ordered for this from my brothers. I could sense amusement and shock while he helped me with my shoes. No one expect it from a warrior king. But one thing he did that shocked me the most was he silently instructed Nakul to hold my hand during ceremony as an emotional support. Then he covered our hands with my veil while hugging him. He did made sure I was ok during everything. The wizard bonding ceremony was tiring for everyone except for Bhrata Krishn of course. I was in my chamber after that trying to get out of all these while Droupadi and Subhadra came.

"Oh.. Subhadra... Thank God.. Come.. Help me get out of it." I said, expecting my sister to come immediately. But she just stood there.

"Subhadra..." I called again.

"Call me jiji, Chotibahu. I'm your husband's elder brother's wife." She said. I looked at them, Droupadi trying so hard to not laugh.

"Just wait until I get out of this monster of a dress then I will tell you who is who's jiji." I mock threatened her. She laughed out and came to give me a hug. Droupadi joined after.

"Jiji you actually kept your promise. You wore all the gold possible. Dress out of gold treads.. Unbelievable." She said.

"Say thanks to Bhavis. Their idea not mine." I said still trying to remove those jewellery.

"But it was sure the most beautiful, magnificent and memorable weddings of all time. I can imagine people will make folktales about it. Songs will be written about it. No one will ever forget the holy bond of the Prakriti Kanya and the most charming prince of his time." She said again while helping me removing my jewellery.  I smiled. Droupadi was removing from my arm. She looked at ring she put on years ago.

"You are still wearing it." She said.

"Why not? It is technically my engagement ring." I replied.

"But Adrika it is a hand me down. It wasn't made for you." She said.

"No. It is your legacy Droupadi. And the most important jewellery for me." I said. She hugged me.

"Ok. Let's get you ready for bed." Subhadra said.

"No. You just help me out of this, then I'll be wearing something comfortable. I'm not wearing any of your elaborated monstrosity for bed." I said. Hell no.

"Jiji.... He will be expecting this." Subhadra said. I blushed at this. I mean of course. They were talking about my husband.

"No he will not. Now just do as I say." I said. I changed into a Comfortable lehnga with no jewellery.

           It was customary for those two to stay with me until my husband arrive. But they started bore me really fast with a discussion about some more celebration thing. They didn't seem like they needed me in their conversation, so I just stand at near the balcony looking at the beauty of my home. My home. My Island. Beautiful and mysterious. Just like myself. For the first time I wasn't thinking about my life beyond this time. I was thinking about my life here. I was married to the love of my life. I had a home. Family. Friends. That was what it matter.