A Time Changing Friendship

Nakul's POV
       Things changed so fast and so drastically. I didn't want in my wildest dreams to hurt Adrika. Yet I did. She was supposed to be only name to be associated with mine. Yet now Droupadi was here. My heart and soul would be with my Adrika. Will Droupadi ever understand this? Will she ever understand the love she is now expecting from all of us, is not possible for me to give? But she had to. I needed to talk to her. Before that another big trouble was in front of us. The only supporter of us in hastinapur was now against us. Pitamah was not ready to even talk to any of us. And Jyeshth bhrata was so affected from this is that he was almost ready to leave his rights to the throne. But we were able to retrieve him from that. Mainly Droupadi. At least we all trust her judgement. So we agreed on her talking to Pitamah. Maybe her innocence could change his mind about us. I so terribly miss my Adrika now. She had solution to all our problem. No! she was the solution to all our problems. I wished she was here.

"When you are going to talk to Droupadi about Adrika Nakul?" Bhrata Arjun asked in a desperate attempt to change the mood.

"Once the first chance I get. But I so wish I don't have to. It will be so easy on me but more on Droupadi if she get this from Adrika herself. Not me." I said.

"Didn't she said she will be here when we are in trouble? Then why she is not?" Bhrata bheem asked.

"Her promise was based on another promise. When we could not keep that one, I'll not be surprised if she abandoned us after this. How can we keep any expectations from her when we could not even respect her?" Jyesth bhrata said.

"She will not. She can't. She is.." I could not finish. The thought of being away from her for the rest of my life made me breathing abnormal.

"She will come Jyesth bhrata. She needs some time. But she will return."

Bhrata Arjun said. With a quick nod to me. It was assuring. Yet I cannot be peaceful when she is not in front of me.

Adrika's POV

          I waited for the man to return from mahamahim Vishm. A little away from me some soldiers were chatting. One of them said something in my direction which caught my ears.

"Since when Dwarka use women as messangers? Do you even remember the path home little girl? Who knows may be one of us will have to take her home." They all laughed at this.

       I smiled thinking world never changes for women. They will be look down as weaker gender. No matter what the time is. Medieval or 21st. I didn't knew I wasn't the only one someone else was also listening. Their voice said

"What kind of malediction is this? Towards a messenger and that to woman? Don't you know how to behave with them?"

"Angraj... We are sorry. We are just kidding around. She is so fragile to be a messenger. That's what we meant." One of them said.

"Mind your words soldier. Your justification is as pointless as your behavior. Fragile. For what? Because she is a woman. Dwarika is the land of free thoughts and opportunity. I have seen a few very versatile warriors. Don't forget one of them is a woman. The princess of the land this messanger came from. Leave." Karn growled in a heavy tone. They left to their respective places. But still were starring at me. Karn then turned to me.

"I apologize for their behavior. You should come with me to wait in the waiting halls." He said.

"No apology needed. But it's my pleasure that my thoughts are still clouds Angraj's mind." I said removing my hood. His face beamed with happiness.

"Adrika! Is that you?" He said. We gave each other a warrior hug.

"How are you my friend?" I asked.