Reunion with Kahna

Nakul's POV
The sound of animals made me get up. And the first thing I thought was Adrika. I saw her sitting on the same place with same level of intensity on her face. She was extremely alarmed. And it was clear that she hadn't got a blink of eye the whole night. Subhadra was sleeping peacefully. While bhrata Arjun was looking at the sky. It was almost morning. Stars were getting disappeared slowly.

"What has alarmed her so much Nakul? She looks tens. So much that I never seen her in this short period of time I know her." He asked looking at her. I sighed.

"I don't know bhrata. May be Kalyavan. And it was her decision to ride alone, so that's why she is worried about her sister's safety and well-being." I answered.

She may be sensed our awakening and got up. She started walking towards bamboo forest near by. I wanted to follow her but as my brother was looking at me didn't allow me to. I was in a real thought when he said

"Adrika?" She looked at us.

That look held so many expression that I couldn't read

"Stay with Subhadra, will you, please? I'll try to be back before she awakes

"Stay with Subhadra, will you, please? I'll try to be back before she awakes. I need some herbs." She said after a while of silence.

I didn't know why Bhrata Arjun was silently watching her. She then left the place. I looked at bhrata Arjun.

"It's not about the sefty Nakul. Something is bothering her. Something much more serious. And that must have happened last night. She wasn't like this yesterday." He said.

"So should we talked to her about it?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe it's out of line to ask her like this." He said.

"She has been a friend to us. A very very reliable friend. She is distressed. And it's our responsibility to know what's bothering her so much." I said. It's painful to see her so troubled.

"I guess you are right. We will ask her the first chance we get." He said.

It was the exact time princess Subhadra woke up. She looked around while brushing single dirt particle from her body. I was thinking about how different these two sisters were, one was a perfect princess and another one was a mystery. She then got up to look at us directly,

"Suprabhat Kumar Arjun, Kumar Nakul!"she wished.

"Suprabhat rajkumari!" We said.

"Where is jiji?"

"She went in the forest to get some herbs." I said. She frowned at it.

"What's wrong with jiji! She just went into forest alone.. and for what? Herbs?.. and why do she needs herbs so early in the morning?" But a sneeze cut her ranting. We both laughed.

"Maybe that's why!" Bhrata Arjun said laughing.

I saw something on ground. It was a picture. My picture. May be Adrika did that while thinking about me. She was thinking about me. May be I should spend some time with her in this journey. I didn't know when I would next see her. I definitely should make sure what's she was thinking about me. Then the line of my thoughts broke when I heard laugh shouts of bhrata Arjun asking Subhadra not to go in the forest and Kalyavan might attack her if she do so. Maybe bhrata Arjun irritated her to extend that she left the place. I didn't wanted to look like a fool, so I didn't asked what exactly he did.