Fall out

Arjun's pov
   So many things happened since I said my goodbye to the wolf pack near the borders of Kampilya. We faced so much. My performance in the Swayamvar was purely a political dissision. We wanted king drupad's army in our confidence by me marrying his daughter Droupadi. But who knew that could have turned into such a mess. Our political dissision would give us such a personal wound. We lost someone who was dearer to all of us. A promise which can build such a relationship between us and her, while broken it had the potential of destroying everything. And that was exactly happening in front of us. We were making vows to our wife and one after another promise was breaking. The worst part was she was right there.

     Adrika was awfully calm. Standing in between Aeser and Basudev she was so focused on the the ceremony. Her eyes we're calm yet so full of dispare and hate. I saw Aeser saying something to her.

"But My queen, you don't need to witness this. We came here so we can maybe stop them. Not for you to watch it silently. I can't see you in such pain my grace. Please let's go home. Our home." He was saying. His voice was full of venom. And he didn't attempted in the slightest to hide it. I lost another loyal and great friend. But her words shocked and scared me.

"Let me see Alpha. Not everyday you see your heart shattered in front of your eyes. Do you? Let me feel every bit of it. And let all the next Prakriti kanyas know and warned that where our loyalty should lay. Let me enjoy my betrayal."

I looked at Nakul that time. He heard her and was looking devastated. I knew her words were carved in his heart. The ceremony was too tensed yet everyone seemed to notice her alone. Maata was crying uncomfortably. Which was shocking to some people like Maharaj Drupad, Droupadi and shrikandini. Yet most Concernable thing for me was the enthusiasm Maharaj drupad showed while welcoming Adrika. How his eyes were twinkling while he mentioned his children to her. I remembered his eyes shifted to Dristadyumn. And the light in his face. The emotion, the eagerness Dristadumn was showing to know her, talk to her was almost like how Nakul used to be when we first met Adrika. In between ceremony his eyes we're drifting back to her. I don't know anyone else paid notice to it or not but that was disturbing me enough to not paying attention to what vows we were taking. But when Bhrata Bheem said that there will not be another queen for our kingdom me and nakul were too drift away to see the consequences. Before I could stop the worth was given. The little chance we had to fix everything was ruined. Now we officially lost our friend. And my brother was officially broken.

          After the ceremony it was customary to live in Kampilya for some time. When we were at it Dristadyumn went to Adrika.

"Yadavkumari!... " But he was cut by Kayero.

"Queen Adrika... " He was then cut by Adrika herself and said

"Kayero... Step down. I'm sorry Kumar. They are just very protective and uncomfortable as they cut ties with humans long time ago." Her voice was so calm. Such ease and tenderness we rarely heard from her. She was oozing power yet her tenderness can melt you. Dristadyumn smiled.

"Clearly understood queen. I was offering to taking you to your living chambers. You must have been tried after journey." He said.

"I'm a Prakriti kanya Kumar. Nature is my home. As we are leaving early tomorrow morning I wish to stay out side the city. Besides we don't want to alarm the city people." She said.

"Yes. And it's been so long I met my sister I wish to stay with her." Madhav said.

"Dristadyumn! Make arrangements for everyone to stay here. Our two greatest guests staying out side the city. So this is our dharma to stay with them. Shrikhandini take Droupadi and our son in laws for next rituals. Queen Adrika I have heard so much about you that I'm unable to content myself from seeking a discussion about war techniques and strategy." Maharaj drupad announced.