Vishma vadh

Adrika's POV

I have had read the mahabharat countless times. Cried my heart out. But nothing was close to the pain I was feeling that time. Watching my baby boy on that surgery table was the most horrible sight I could see in my life. Aadi had his quick healing abilities but it still didn't let me stay away from him. Boys decided they will bring him back to their room. He was stable then. We put him to bed. His outer body was healing fast. I was worried about the internal damage. I couldn't keep track of it. Oh. I so miss a xray machine.

"Maa? Will he be alright?" Abhi asked.

"Yes Abhi. He will be alright. I'll be staying here tonight to keep an eye on him. You can go to your room. Uttara might have been waiting." I said. He gave Aadi a look and a hug for me before leaving.

"Maa.. Please wake one of us after a while. You too need rest." Som said.

"Sure.. Go to sleep. I will wait for him to wake up so that I could take out the tube." I said to them.

They all bid good night in their own way. Boys were broke. Aadi was the symbol of their strength. Without him they seemed lost. My son need to wake up tonight. Otherwise war tomorrow will be disaster. I sat down at a comfort sitter. It's like those single couches but little bigger. As a small woman I easily fit around these. I put the shawl over me with a book. After two hours I was little dozed off while I felt hands on me. I looked up to Prithvi's smiling face. I smiled too. He sat down on the arm rest and I snuggled to him.

"Why don't you close your eyes for some time?" He said stroking my head.

"No.. No... I need to be awake if Aadi wakes up." I said sleepily. My son was out of danger and this relaxing thought was making me sleepy.

"How about I'll sit with him And as soon as he shows any sign of waking up I'll wake you? He said.

"You sure?" I asked. He smiled. Leaned to kiss the top of my head and said

"Sleep Maa.. I'm here for my brother."

I drifted into a quite slumber. Didn't know how long because when I heard a voice calling me, I jerked awake. My Aadi. Everything came rushing. I must have been panicking because the voice said

"Maa... It's ok.. He is fine." I looked up to Prithvi. "I think he is waking up." I rushed to him. He was waking up. So was his brothers.

"Aadi.. Hi.. Baby.. How are you.." I said to my son.. He nodded. "I'm taking the tube out ok darling?" He nodded again. I slowly pulled the tube out. He coughed.

"What happened to him.. Why he is coughing?" Shree panicked.

"It's normal to cough while incubation tube is pulled out Shree. Don't worry. Your brother is just fine." I said while checking Aadi's heartbeats. I made a mental note to give a thank you letter myself to the scientist in island who made this superb alternative for plastic incubation tube. It saved my baby today.

"How does his heartbeat sounds?" Som asked.

"Healthy as a horse. Can you speak baby?" I asked.

"How long I was out?" He asked in a hoax voice.

"Almost 21hours baby. Including 4 hours surgery." I said.

"How do you feel brother?" Som asked.

"Fine.. How's Iravan?" He asked. We all hung our heads. "He didn't make it did he?"

"Oh... honey.. He was beyond gone when I reached him. But he said he will live in you. And asked me to send him to soul stream." I said

"Good.. He always wanted to go there after war." He said softly. My son was a master of hiding his emotions. But to me. Hardly ever succeeded. My son could say what ever he wants but seriously he was as transparent for me as any child to his mother.