The Ultimate Sacrifice

Adrika's POV

          The last day of the epic. I woke up very very early. My husband's innocent sleeping face was right besides my hands. Seemed like he was holding my hand to his face while sleeping. I carefully moved out of the bed, got ready and went out. First I visited my force. They were all awake and preparing. My force didn't face much casualties like others. We lost three werewolves and one elves till now. Which was a good result for war like this. I spent the early morning with them. Then I went to see my healers. They all worked really hard during these days. They all look exhausted yet energetic at the same time. They greeted me and told me about the preparation they were doing. I spent a long while with them as well. It was almost time for war when I reached my camp. They were ready.

"There you are. Adrika. They all are waiting for you." Droupadi said.

"I was just... " I was saying when I saw the brothers. "Tilak to kia nai abtak tumne Droupadi."
(You haven't perform tilak till now.)

"That's why they are waiting. Pratibandhya's request actually. His theory that his Maa has so much power that if she starts the day it will beneficial. "

        She said and everyone laughed. I didn't argue. What ever suits her. I took the thali she was passing me and went to Jyesth. Whenever I look at him I could see respect, admiration for me. But this time, I only saw love in his eyes. Nothing else. When I went to apply the vermilion, as a small woman I need to stand on tip toes. But he hold my hand to stop me. I looked at him confused. Then he bend down to my level. This was a small gesture, but was too powerful. I put the vermilion on his forehead.

"Do you recall our first meeting Adrika? You didn't let me bow for you to put the circlet on me. But you earned it. You are and always will be the only lady I will bow down to." He said holding his hands out to hug me. I had no problem giving into that.

             All the brothers followed their eldest and bowed down to me when it was there turn. The chain broke at Sutosom who had quite a hight on me decided he would do anything to not let me touch him. Everyone laughed at his practical joke at the end Prithvi who was standing next to him hold the back of his neck and forced him to bow, while showing no emotions.

"It's not fair." Som yelled after I was successful.

"Thank you son." I said to Prithvi. He smiled playfully before saying

"Anything for you Adrika!" In a heavy tone.

"Did he just imitate me? Did you just imitate me? Oh.. You are in big trouble young man." Dristadyumn yelled from one corner. This cracked me off. I laughed.

"There it is. You idiots owe me now." Prithvi said to his brothers and I looked at everyone with confusion.

"We didn't get a chance." Shree protested.

"Your problem. Not mine." Prithvi said.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Your sons are playing a game, who will cheer you up first. After.." Nakul stopped.

"Angraj Karn was a dear friend, brother and one of the most amazing person I am lucky to have a chance of meeting. I adored him dearly and his passing will affect me for rest of my life. But I have his happy memories with me and I know for certain that he won't want me to be pining over him." I said to myself.

"That's right.. Ang.. Jyesth loved you so much. When it came to you he was ready to give up anything. So yah.. He won't want you to suffer." Parth said.

"And you have these idiots and me to cheer you up." Prithvi said putting his arm around a still frowning Som. I chuckled again. What would I do without you my babies? "See.. You guys didn't had a chance." He sassed.