War

Parth's POV

Finally the day arrived. The day we all have been waiting and preparing for. Our forces were complete. Our sons were ready. Madhav and Adrika were with us. We couldn't possibly be more prepared than this. When the elves joined Madhav suggested that Adrika and Legolas should also join us for face off. And Adrika was also convinced by that. Our captain was ready. When Panchali tilak everyone I knew her eyes were searching for her. Then we saw her. Wearing her battle armor in bright blue with soft facial features yet fury filled eyes that woman can make your blood ran cold.

"Adrika! We are ready to go." I said.

"I can't go with out taking blessing from Droupadi." She said. Droupadi looked up to her.

"We have always been friends Droupadi. But today as the war starting I want you to bless me. Bless me that I can do my part without regret, fear or greed touching me." She said.

It puzzled me. I looked up to Madhav for an answer but he hung his head with a dark look on his face. Why Adrika said that? She was a seer I knew it but did that mean she saw the future and braced herself for it. With tears Droupadi took the Vermilion to tilak her but her hand stopped. Her face looked like she realised something... Her hands clasp her mouth,

"What have I done?... What... What have I done..." She cried. Everyone were shocked.

"We are getting late." Adrika said and we started our journey with Srikhandini's war cry.

"What was that about?" I asked her on our way.

"Focus on the task in hand Parth, no one's going anywhere." She said.

"Ceri- ú- ped- na cín nos in i té. Hain worrui an cin." Legolas said. Of course I didn't understand that. (Don't talk to your family like that. They are worried about you.)

"Sorrui. Ha na- man hain dorth- dúr." She replied. "It doesn't concern you parth." She said to me. (Sorry. But its good for them to be in dark.)

I decided to let it go. We reached the place. We stand face to face. Adrika was behind Madhav. Mamashree Sakuni started bragging about their warriors. It's customary. Then Srikhandini started answering his brag. When she reached the point about why she was chosen as the captain she asked Pitamah Vishm about his promise to leave his weapon in front of her. He agreed. A visible panic was seen among them.

"Gandhar Raj... You see we have answer to all your great warriors. But what is your answer to the one Warrior we have? The one warrior that all three of your mightiest won't even rise weapon against." She said. The panic changed to fright.

"Who that mighty Warrior be.. Princess Panchal?" Mamashree Sakuni asked.

"Me... Mamashree.. Adrika Idivita..." We heard her said. Madhav step aside to reveal his sister. Mamashree Sakuni's face turned white like he saw a ghost.

"Yes... Mahaamahim Vishm can't touch either Adrika or Kumar Nakul as a per the bond created during their wedding. Guru Dron won't rise weapon at her as per his respect to her knowledge. Baki rahe Angraj karn... Puch lijie unse, jis kanya ka kanyadan kia tha kya swapn main vi uske samne sashtra utha paenge we?" Shrikhandini said. I smirked. That ended the face off right then and there.
(Only Angraj karn remain, ask him can he rise weapon in front of the girl he married off, even if in his dream?)

We returned back to our camp. Sons were waiting for us. They were immediately at our sides. After a lot of questions and answers they settled down.

"You should have seen the faces when they saw Adrika and Srikhandini." Bhrata bhim said.

"Bhrata bhim you saw their faces. I saw their minds. They will go above and beyond to counter it. Jyesth bhrata we need to be ready for the strategy meeting." I said.