Indraprastha

Arjun's POV
          We could say that was the most important and somewhat happy day of our life. Adrika and Nakul were happy. Everyone loves the idea of their union. How it was supposed to happen. Who could say no to such a proposal. We all were happy and teasing him about it. He was really playful evey time but this was something he never took jokes upon. And his worries were not illogical either. At the beginning of their relationship Adrika were not sure. When she came around they had to part ways for years. Then the Island. Then marriage in Kampilya. Their road was a rocky one. So much they had seen just at the very beginning. Now they deserve a peaceful life with each other. The way she conducted that court was something that we all should learn from her. She was the ocean of knowledge that a life time won't be enough to learn from her. After jyesth bhrata's Incrownation when the king set the condition about being independent king. She got up to announce her support. Watching her kneeling in front of jyesth bhrata was something beyond understanding. Power was submitting to righteousness. Yes she was power. And for the first time i felt power was in right hands. I heard duryodhan saying something to Mamashree Sakuni.

"Now I want to take Khandavprasth back to keep this woman as my slave Mamashree." He said which set fire on my bones. But then i thought what Adrika had done. Now if somehow they take back Khandavprasth she will have to submit to them.

"No my dear duryodhan! learn to respect your enemy. Specially when the enemy is Adrika Idivata. The woman is queen of loopholes my dear. She won't leave one. Didn't you heard what she vowed, she will be devotee to Khandavprasth till the day Yudhistir is the king of that land. Woman is very cunning my dear. She submitted to Yudhistir. Not Khandavprasth." Mamashree Sakuni said. 

                 I looked at Adrika standing beside jyesth  bhrata. Her eyes turned to meet mine. She gave me a smirk to show that she was aware of what was happening. This kind of act only possible only for two people. Madhav and Adrika. When ever i think one, another comes into thoughts involuntarily. For me they were never differ from each other. But my ecstasy didn't last very long. The king announced that our mother could not accompany us. That made everyone sad. Saying goodbye to her was the hardest part of all. Droupadi and she held each other crying. Mata gave droupadi some advice. Adrika wasn't with them. She left somewhere after the court.

"Nakul where is Adrika?" Jyesth bhrata asked. "Is she not coming with us?"

"I don't know jyesth bhrata. She didn't said anything to me about leaving now. But I didn't saw her after Court." Nakul said.

"Maybe she is looking after some travelling arrangements. You know her jyesth bhrata. How much she like traveling." Sahadev said. I smiled to myself. Nakul loved her. He loved her to death. But it was sahadev who knew her the most. It was evident in a second.

"You are right Chhote Kumar." She said coming from one direction. She has changed. She was wearing her travelling cloak over a all white dress and hair secured by a metal ring. Ready to travel. She was coming with us indeed.

"Jyesth! Several commoners of hastinapur are wanting to come along. So we need to plan our path. I was doing that. I have marked places to rest and spend nights here. You all also make yourself familiar with it before starting." She said giving five of us maps. I opened mine. It was so intricately detailed.

"When did you make these? These are so detailed." I asked.

"Yesterday night, when we were dead sure we will ask Khandavprasth." She replied.

"All by yourself ? Because I haven't seen cartographers yesterday." Sahadev said.

"To be a war strategist, you need to learn a little cartography sometimes." She said.