Alliances

Adrika's POV

         I remembered the moment parth got the letter from bhrata Krishn. He came running to us in the woods. Letter clutched in one hand and panting.

"Sans lelo Parth. Letter can wait." I said. (Breathe) and gave him water

"Madhav... Letter.. War..." He said three words before drinking the water. He passed the empty tumbler to me.

"Thank you. You were right Adrika. It's date and place." He said. "We will need to leave soon."

"Where to?" Jyesth asked.

"Kurukshetra."
"Kurukshetra." We both said together.

"How did you know?" Bhrata bhim asked.

"Me and my brother think alike. I would have chosen the same place too." I said.

"We should prepare then." Jyesth said.  I looked at boys. They were playing not so far away. What did we did to them? They deserved a normal life. Not to get prepared for war.

"I will go inform our sons." Droupadi said getting up.

"No Droupadi. Let Adrika and Dristadyumn inform them. This kind of news should come from mentors. Not mothers." Jyesth said. I looked at her. She gave me a nod and weak smile before sitting down again.

"They are expecting this anyway. But I do see your reasoning. Adrika.. Come on then." Dristadyumn said. I got up. After we were away from the earshot he said,

"What ever you say there is a certain ring to our names when they are said together." I just shook my head. "I'm glad this time has come where our names are taken in one sentence. "

"Yah.. Yah.. The apocalypse is clearly near." I said and he chuckled loudly. We call the boys.

"The day has come children, for which we had been training." Dristadyumn said. My eyes teared up.

"Maa... Are we leaving?" Shrutasen asked.

"Yes.. Get everything you need and we will have a nice dinner tonight. Me, you and your trainer here." I said looking at Dristadyumn. He smiled down at me. "If he isn't preoccupied."

"With what? Missing my wife and regretting later on that I missed a whole evening with you? I'm joining." He said. God this man had no filters. I saw my sons give each others look  of amusement. They really did learn to ignore him like their fathers and all others in the family really fast.

"Mumma.. What you wanna have? I thinking of going for a hunt?" Aadi asked.

"Bring what ever you find. Don't be late. Prithvi, Shree! will you help me in packing dears?" I said.

"Of course Maa." Prithvi said.

"Rest of you can join either Aadi or your fathers." I said. They nodded and left for different direction. I turned to the man next to me.

"Will you ever get the hint Dristadyumn?" I asked. I was both amused as well as irritated by his blunt flirting.

"I do get the first ever hint you gave me. I just don't care. Now lets go, I'll help you." He said. Jerk. But he did always manage to chee me up everytime.

"No.. You go and join the brothers." I said.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because it is easier to suppress the urge to put poison in your food while you aren't there to annoy me with your presence." I said with a smirk. He chuckled.

"I didn't know you love me this much." He said and ran a finger on my nose.

"Leave..." I pushed him away.