A marriage or a conflict

Adrika's POV

       Parth and Subhadra needed to stay in Dwarika for a while before journey back to Indraprastha. Everyone else left just after marriage. Only mata Kunti and mahamantri vidur stayed back at Bhrata krishn's request. Baldau asked me to stop pitamah Vishm somehow. It took me some time. Yes. But I did manage to make him stay. As Kakashree Vidur said. That man can't deny me anything. That evening me and Parth were discussing some ploys and lost the track of time. Bhrata krishn had to come and tell us about it.

"It is ample for today. You have my this sister for life Parth. You can discuss war anytime you want. But my other sister must be waiting for you. Tomorrow morning you and Subhadra are going to start your journey for Indraprastha. Take some rest for it." Bhrata krishn said.

"And Adrika?" Parth asked restlessly. Looking at me. I shrugged as I also didn't had any wind about it.

"You can have her after she become the bride of your family. Until then let us have her. We all want to spend time with our dearest princess." He answered.

"That means... That.. " Parth stammered. His excitement was evident.

"Yes. Baldau thinks we should not detain it any further. Nakul and Adrika promised you that they will wait for your return. So there is no reason to push it back." Bhrata krishn said.

"That is the best news for Indraprastha." Parth said. I wasn't showing any emotions. I was glad his focus was on bhrata krishn.

"Yes and you will be the official carrier of the news. Bua, mahaamahim and Kakashree agreed to the marriage to be happen in coming trayodashi." Bhrata krishn said.

"What about the Islanders. I can't get married without them." I said.

"Of course meri behna. After parth and Subhadra's departure we will leave for Island right away." He replied.

          Low and behold the time of Subhadra's bidai was here. Crying, hugging with flood of emotions. Having less than negative Indian friends I never witnessed this part of the wedding before. I was wondering what Subhadra was feeling. What every bride feels at this time? So many emotions they must have go through. Happy and excited to start a new life with their husband, devastated to leave everything behind, their whole life, identity. Scared of the new and big changes. That must be such an emotional roller coaster for an Indian bride. I would never feel that. My brother spared me that ride. I thought sarcastically.

       If this was the marriage of my life, then what kind of marriage it would be. Without my maa, baba, sky. Without Megan who was planning to be a bridesmaid. She bought a lehnga in an Indian craft fair. Henry, who was watching all the cheesey bollywood movies, just to find "his" song to dance at my wedding. Mrs. Doe, who was planning to make me my wedding cake at her husband's bakery. My maa who was planning to pass down her wedding jewellery to me which was running in her maternal side of the family  for generation. She must have so many dreams for it. And I was marrying without any of those. This wasn't the wedding I dreamed off. I wishes I could talk to someone about it. I knew it was my righteousness to finish what I started but at this extreme. I knew I would not going to oppose it. But I wished I could talk to someone about it. Not my brothers. Baldau even if knew everything, liked to pretend he doesn't. He talked about my previous life as less as possible. And bhrata krishn, he wasn't seem very intrested in addressing the situation either. I didn't realised we reached the borders of the Island. Kayero was there to welcome us.

"My queen.. Lords.. Welcome to the Island." He said excitedly.

"Hello Kayero.. We are meeting after quite a while isn't it?" Bhrata krishn said.

"It is Sir. And Islanders will be thrilled to know your presence." He answered.

"How life treating you?" Baldau asked.