Khandavprasth

Adrika's POV
      Well that was not expected. But it felt good. I wasn't that hopeless in romance after all. After the second kiss we both looked at each other's eyes and laughed. Now what? He wasn't saying anything. I grabbed my clothes and started putting on. He was just staring. After a while I could not bear anymore and said
"What are you staring at?"

"You. You are just so beautiful..." He said. I blushed. He was a charmer. He was the most handsome prince of his time. What did you expect Adrika? It would be such a waste if he doesn't have some skills up his sleeves.

"Cold and hungry too. Let's go back." I said turning to return.

"No. Please. I wish to spend some time here. Its been years since we last talked to each other well." He said holding my hands.

"Fair enough." I said sitting down near a tree. But he started looking here and there.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"Some fruits, we will need some fire wood too." He said. I smiled. Clearly he remembered my words.

"About some 50 steps that direction, I have seen some sugarplum bushes." I said
.
He looked towards it and said
"I'll bring them, you light some fire."

       After a while we were sitting comfortably near a fire with enough sugarplums for all our family. I was sitting in between his legs leaning on him, and he was leaning on the tree.
"Adrika! What next?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"What next with us? Marriage?"

"Yah, if you are not having second thoughts." I teased.

"Don't. Just the thought of separation from you is painful." He said.

"For me too. You know my world was crushed the day of your marriage." I said. I could feel a sharp intake of breath.

"It won't be enough if I beg for forgiveness all my life." He said.

"I do. I forgive you. What's more important is to live with you. Have a family with you. Not the grudge." I said.

"But the pain is there. And I understand. I want to tell you, Droupadi is totally in love with you. I don't think there will be conflict between you and her about this. We can have that peaceful future we dreamed." He said.

"She is very dear to me. Like my Subhadra. I don't know how but she is." I said not exactly to anyone. "Let's talk about something else."

"Tell me about what you did all this time in island. I know the whole kingdom is enough to keep you occupied. But as much as I know you, you must have doing something else.." He asked.

"I was experimenting. Different drug and medical procedures. Island is full of many rare herbs. The more I discover more it feels like much, much more is left. I have been making potions. I wish you and Chhote Kumar was there. We could work so much efficiently." I realized that I was rambling.

"I never heard anyone talk about their work so passionately." He said. "You have so many looks. But don't know why I always admire this look of yours." I suddenly remember Sky. He used to say this.

"My friend say that too." Shit.. I should not have said that. What if he asks which friend?

"The prince of woodland releam?" He asked. Well saved.

"Yah. He. He says I'm most cheerful when I'm talking about my work." I said.

"He isn't wrong. You know whenever Sahadev talks about you, which happens a lot, he always talks about how you look so happy and peaceful when you are working or talking about your work. I don't know why Love but I feel you are always very distant. There is things that aren't known to anyone. Things that bother you. All your behavior is more of a stint. I feel you are not present in those situations despite of being in them." He said.