»»----- Hide -----««

Y/N's POV

The bell had just rung, signifying the end of class. Todoroki approached my desk, backpack slung over his shoulder.

"Ready to go?" he asked.
"Yup!" I replied, popping the 'p.' We made our way down the corridors and out the front gate of the school. The walk to his house was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. It felt peaceful. We made our way down the sidewalk until he stopped in front of a traditional Japanese home.

"Woah! Your house is so cool!" I exclaimed, staring at the magnificent structure.
"I'm glad you think so," he said. I could've sworn I saw a small smile on his face, but before I could confirm it he had returned to his usual stoic expression. We made our way inside, leaving our shoes by the entrance.

"This place is so big! It's practically a maze! Hide and seek would be so much fun in here," I commented, taking in the house.
"Follow me, we should work on the project."

He led me to his bedroom where we got to work on planning our project.

"So, we need three people to interview, right?" I asked. He nodded 'yes' in return. "Alright, how about we do Aizawa as one of the three?" I suggested.
"I want to do All Might as well. We should be able to find a lot of information by watching videos of his fights," he said.
"I should be able to talk to him before Thursday so that will be alright," I said.
"Talk to him? Do you really think he would spend time on an interview for the project of a couple of random high school students?"
"I know him personally, so there shouldn't be an issue," Todoroki stared at me, his mouth slightly parted. Turns out what I said must've shocked him because he just stared at me for a few seconds before nodding.
"Well, now that we have two people, who should we do last?" he asked.
"Do you think your dad would be willing to have an interview?" I asked.
"No. Absolutely not," he immediately replied, a stern look on his face.
"Alright then... no Endeavor. My mom is going to be gone for a while due to work so I don't think we'll be able to get an interview out of her."
"Do you happen to know any other heroes?" he asked.
"The only heroes I know personally are my mom, All Might, Aizawa, and your dad. Plus a few of the newer ones. I've met a few others during fights with villains, but I don't know their contact information so it would be a bit difficult to get a hold of them. Let alone getting an interview with them," I replied. His ears seemed to perk up at the mention of his dad.
"You know my dad?"
"Yeah, I had to deal with him for a month. I asked him to train me a couple months ago, but his training was brutal. I assume he trains you too, right? How the heck did you survive that?!" I said, remembering the pain of training with that tyrant.
"I don't really have a choice," he replied, looking down.
"H-hey? Are you alright? Did I say something wrong? Is your dad a touchy subject?? I'm so sorry for whatever I did!" I rambled after seeing him look away as if he were hiding something. At that moment, we heard the sound of the front door being opened roughly then slammed shut.
"Stay here and don't go out unless I tell you to," he said, looking me dead in the eye. I nodded my head and sat on his bed. I watched as he left the room. Only moments after I heard yelling.

"SHOUTO! WHY AREN'T YOU TRAINING?" asked a loud voice.
"I am currently working on a project which was assigned today, Father," replied a surprisingly calm voice. So it's Endeavor.

Soon after I heard a loud smack followed by a thud. Did he just do what I think he did? Did Endeavor just hit Todoroki?! I heard footsteps coming in the direction of Todoroki's room. I need to hide, otherwise, he might get into more trouble. Panicking, I summoned a petal in the closet and one under the bed. It's better to have two places to hide. Immediately after teleporting into the closet, I heard the door slide open. Endeavor's voice rang out in the room.

"You may continue the project, however, you will immediately begin training after dinner."
"Yes, Father," replied Todoroki, somehow still calm. I then heard footsteps approach the closet. Just as the door began to open a little, I teleported under the bed. I watched from underneath the bed as Endeavor opened the closet door then slammed it shut. I immediately teleported back in, taking no chances of getting caught from beneath the bed.

"I don't know what you're hiding, Shouto, but you better not start slacking. The moment you slow down your pace or find a distraction, I will be forced to intervene."
"Yes, Father. Of course."

I then heard Endeavor's footsteps leave the room. Slowly, I emerged from the closet. I looked up to see Todoroki, a red mark visible on his cheek. My eyes widened at the sight. I then ran towards him, wrapping my arms around his torso. At first, he was shocked, but then he hugged me back. Before I knew it, I was in tears. He reminded me so much of my life before I was rescued. I don't know if he has it nearly as bad as I did, but it still hurt me.

"W-why do you h-have to s-suffer like this?" I asked through sobs. He began petting my hair.
"I don't have a choice," he stated simply.
"B-but this i-isn't right," I said, my voice trembling.
"But that's just how I have to live my life." He replied with a sigh.

I looked up at him. He looked so sad. Seeing his face, I recognized his expression. After all, I've worn it countless times myself. The look of sadness, depression, anger, hatred, confusion, and many more incomprehensible emotions lingered in his eyes.

"You don't deserve this," I said in a low voice. "Why does he do this?! You're his son for crying out loud!" Now I was upset. "Where is the first aid kit?" I asked.
"I'll get it. Why do you need it?"
"That doesn't matter, just grab it, please."

He returned with the kit in hand. Taking it from him, I made him sit down on the bed. I then proceeded to roll up his right sleeve. There was a cut, although it wasn't big, it wasn't a pretty sight. It was bleeding enough for the blood to go through his uniform. I was unsure of when or where he got it, but he might have crashed into something after the hit earlier.

"This might sting," I said, holding up a cloth which I doused with some cleansing alcohol. I then applied the cloth to the wound, making sure he wouldn't get an infection. Once the cut was cleaned, I bandaged it and put away the first aid kit.

"How do you know how to treat wounds?" he asked.
"Experience..." I replied, not wanting to recall how I had learned.
"Anyways, it's getting late. You should probably start heading home now," he said.
"My house isn't that far and I have hidden petals on the sidewalk on the way to school, and since your house is on the way, I can just use the petals to teleport home," I replied.
"So that's how you did it."
"Did what?"
"Beat me so easily during the 50-meter dash. You just created a petal and teleported to it."
"Geez, how am I supposed to do well in a match against you if you know all the tricks I have up my sleeve?" I asked, laughing.

We continued to talk about random stuff that happened at school today until he asked me something that confused me.

"Why haven't you asked me about my scar?"
"What?" I was confused by what he meant by asking the question.
"My scar. You haven't asked about it at all. Most people ask about it within the first few minutes of meeting me."
"Most scars carry depressing memories. I find it better not to pry about that kind of stuff," I said, looking towards the ground, "And if anything, I'm more curious about how your hair is split perfectly into two different colors!" I giggled at the last part.
"I heard the girls say something about you having scars... If it's alright, do you mind telling me about them?"

Another chapter completed! If I'm being honest, I am just making most of the story up as I go. The only thing I had set in my mind at the beginning is Reader-chan's past and her quirk. Anyways, I would absolutely love to receive feedback from the few people who actually read this garbage, so please tell me what you think!
~Lua

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

Join us on discord!
https://discord.gg/NJWn8Be

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯