»»----- Heroes Don't Cry -----««

Y/N's POV

The eight of us were seated around a table while they waited for their mentors.

"It's so frustrating..." muttered Kirishima.
"Deku..." mumbled Ochaco-chan. Both Mirio and Izu-kun were deep in thought. I've never seen either of them look this dejected...

"Are you guys holding a wake or something?" asked Aizawa as he exited a nearby elevator.
"Sensei!" exclaimed Tsu-chan as she noticed him.
"Just call me Eraserhead outside of class, please." said Aizawa. "I had originally planned to suspend all of your internships today..."
"What?!" exclaimed Kirishima. "Why now, of all times?!"
"All of you heard that there's a possibility that the league is involved. That changes things." stated Aizawa. "But you know... Midoriya... You still haven't restored my trust in you yet. Not to mention the previous fight. Unfortunately, I have ever reason to believe that if I were to stop you right now... you'd just jump out in the midst of things again. I'm watching you. If you act again, we'll go by the formal procedures this time around, Midoriya." said Aizawa. "Got it, Problem Child?" I looked towards Mirio who was still clearly upset.

"Hey, Togata, you know what? Even if you're feeling regret and getting down over it, there's nothing you can do about it. You know that, right?" said Nejire.
"Yeah." replied Mirio.

"Let me tell you something... That hand of yours that just barely missed rescuing her..." said Aizawa. "I'll bet that she felt something other than despair. So keep looking forwards and go on."
"Yes, sir!" exclaimed Izu-kun.

"I'll... I'll follow you forever, Eraserhead!" exclaimed Kirishima.
"No, not forever, please." replied Aizawa.
"S-Sorry!" exclaimed Kirishima.
"Kirishima! Your voice is too loud..!" said Ochaco-chan.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"You're not going to eat?" questioned Sho-chan.
"H-huh? Oh, yeah." I said, quickly taking a bite out of my food.
"You too, Midoriya." said Iida-kun.
"Sure, I'll eat, I'll eat!" Izu-kun suddenly blurted out.
"Are you... okay?" questioned Iida-kun. "When I was acting foolishly, you spoke those very words to me! Back before our field studies, remember?" Suddenly, Izu-kun began sobbing.
"I'm sorry..! But I'm fine. It's nothing..." he said, quickly wiping his tears. "Heroes... don't cry!"
"Izu-kun... That's the biggest lie I've ever heard come out of your mouth." I stated, taking another bite out of my food.
"Even heroes must cry sometimes... I think." said Sho-chan.
"Yeah." I stated. "Want me to tell you a story?" The boys looked at me expectantly.

"It had been three months after I was rescued. My mom took me out to patrol with her..." I began. "There was a massive incident. In that incident, I took on the villains while my mom evacuated all of the citizens so she could knock out the villains with her quirk. I did my best to keep them at bay, but one of the citizens was frozen in fear. A pregnant woman..." I took a deep breath. "The villain targeted her. In the end, she took a hard hit to her abdomen and had a miscarriage... The woman is still alive, but her child died. That's the first time I wasn't able to save someone." The boys stared at me with wide eyes. "I cried myself to sleep for two weeks straight." I turned my head to face Izu-kun. "Never say that heroes don't cry. With what we see, it would be detrimental to ourselves if we were to bottle all of our emotions inside." Izu-kun nodded his head.

"Thank you, Y/N!" he exclaimed. I only nodded my head in response.
"Look at what you've done." frowned Sho-chan. "Now my girlfriend is upset..."
"I'm fine~" I sang out with a laugh.
"Anyways, why are you sitting with us and not with the girls?" asked Iida-kun.
"I was, but Mina-chan kept bugging me about my photoshoot later today." I replied. "Plus, I get to stay with Sho-chan." Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I opened it and froze. "That's some interesting timing..." I muttered. "But the sooner the better. Endeavor can be dumped in the ocean and I didn't want to go to the photoshoot anyway."
"Y/N? What are you talking about?" questioned Sho-chan.
"I have a mission tomorrow morning and a meeting for that mission in an hour." I replied before turning to Izu-kun. "You got it too, right?" Izu-kun nodded his head while I stood up from my seat. "I need to go." I said, placing a kiss on Sho-chan's cheek. "If you need me, call me." He nodded his head while I left the cafeteria.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"Star!" I called as I walked in. I smiled as my kitten immediately flew towards me. I walked into my closet and pulled out a box that I had kept in the corner. I took out a collar and wrapped it around Star's neck, being careful to make sure it wasn't too tight or too loose. "You'll be coming with me on this mission, okay?" Star purred as I pet his head. "You would probably be able to take down Pikachu, maybe even Crafting Bench if you tried. I want you to protect Izu-kun and Eri." Star tilted his head when he heard me say 'Eri.' "Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy for talking to you, but whenever you do those little things, it feels like I'm basically talking to a person." I said, lifting him up. I shooed him out of the closet before changing into my hero costume. When I stepped out, I wandered around the dorm room.

"Where the heck is a hair-tie...?" I mumbled to myself as I looked around. "Whatever..." I sighed as I made one out of petals. I put my hair into a high ponytail and exited the dorm room with Star in my arms.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"She's in their headquarters?!" roared one of the heroes. "Are you kidding me?! What was the point of that whole investigation then?!"
"We were able to obtain some new information." stated Nighteye. "Just the other day. a member of the eight precepts ventured to a nearby department store and purchased a toy intended for little girls." Nighteye placed a box containing a toy on his desk.
"'Precure' or 'Pretty Cure.'" I commented. "That series ended several years ago."
"It could be that that dude just has some weird hobbies, couldn't it?!" yelled Fatgum. "The world's a big place, Nighteye! Better yet, why the hell did you buy one too?!"
"No... That man said something that a hobbyist never would. I thought it was suspicious and looked into his future to make sure." explained Nighteye.
"That's where you use your premonition?!" exclaimed Lock Rock.
"He already informed us, didn't he?" I asked. "He will only use it when he is completely confident as a way to double check."
"Anyway, with that, looks like it's finally crunch time." said Fatgum.
"Thanks to our stakeout, we've got the exact timeframe in which they'll be at home down to the minute." said Centipeder.
"And we've got the warrant as well." stated Gran Torino.

"Then let's do this." I said. Star meowed in my arms, causing a few of the heroes to fawn over him.

Yes, Star is your sidekick. Don't question it. This kitty packs a powerful punch... er- scratch..?

?

Adorable fanart by OFFICIALunHOLYWATER! Thank you very much for the amazing fanart~ 💞💖💕~Lua

~Lua