»»----- Horrible -----««

Todoroki's POV

The internships had come to an end and we finally returned to school. Midoriya, Iida, and I walked into the room. We were immediately crowded by our classmates. I noticed Y/N sitting in her seat, but something was off. Her smile was gone and her eyes were faded. They no longer shone the bright blue they once had. If someone were to look at her, they'd doubt she was truly the daughter of Midnight, and a part of me said that it was all my fault. Every bit of it.

"Good morning, Y/N." I walked up to her, hoping she'd smile or at least look my way. I guess I was expecting too much.
"Good morning, Todoroki." she replied, not bothering to look at me. Why did I say what I did? Why did I do what I did? Why did I freeze her? Why did I use my fire on her?! "Is there something you want to say?" she asked. "You've been standing there for a while now."
"I'm still sorry for what I did... I used my fire against you... even though you saved our lives."
"You don't need to be sorry about that. To be honest I was a bit shocked at first, but I felt happy as well. I'm proud of you for being able to use your flames so freely like that. Even if they were targeted against me." she said. I nodded my head and walked over to my desk. I looked down at my hands. I didn't realize they were trembling.

I returned to the internships the day after the incident. It was quite awkward to be staying in the same room as her, especially after what I did, but she didn't seem to care. The internships went on as usual, minus the happy atmosphere we once created.

I noticed Midoriya walk up to her.

"Hey are you alright?" he asked, looking at her.
"Yup! Everything is perfectly fine!" she exclaimed, giving him a smile. This smile was different. It didn't hold any of the warmth her smiles used to always give. It was fake. Midoriya didn't seem to notice because he nodded his head and left. The moment he did, Y/N's face dropped and her expression had become stoic.

I watched as a furious Bakugou entered the classroom. He had a rather interesting hairstyle. The class burst into laughter. Everyone except me and Y/N were laughing, but I could see a tiny bit of amusement in her eyes. He got so angry his hair exploded back to its normal state.

Everyone continued to talk about their internships until Kaminari pointed out how we had encountered the Hero Killer. Everyone began crowding around us and sharing our concern. Y/N simply ignored the commotion. I noticed she was looking at something on her phone.

"Y/N-chan! You interned at the same place as Todoroki, right?!" yelled Uraraka. Suddenly the attention was drawn to her. She only nodded her head. "Huh? What's wrong?" asked Ochaco-chan.
"Nothing." she replied.
"Todoroki..." Uraraka turned around to face me with a menacing glare. "What did you do..?" she asked, I could sense a deadly aura around her. I opened my mouth to speak, but Y/N spoke first.
"He did nothing. Don't bother him." she said, placing a hand on Uraraka's shoulder.
"Umm... alright..." said Uraraka. "You'll talk to me about it after school, right?" she asked. Y/N nodded her head and gave Uraraka a smile. The first genuine one I had seen in a while.
"We can talk about it during lunch if you'd like. It's closer and I kind of feel like I need to get some stuff off my chest as soon as possible." she said, smiling at her best friend.
"Of course!" exclaimed Uraraka.

Class began as usual. After some time, lunch began. I watched as Y/N and Uraraka exited the classroom. I followed behind, being careful not to be spotted. Eventually, they reached the roof. I made sure to stay out of their view as they began talking.

"Ochaco-chan... I don't know what to do.." said Y/N. Her voice soft and sad.
"What do you mean?" asked Uraraka, concern evident.
"I was there too... during the incident..."
"Did you get hurt?!"
"No... but the other three did..."
"Why weren't you mentioned at all?"
"I didn't want anyone to know just yet, but I'm officially a pro hero.."
"What?! That's amazing Y/N-chan!"
"I guess.. but what's bothering me is what happened during the incident.." Y/N let out a sigh. I couldn't see her, but I knew she was upset. "I knew the Hero Killer a long time ago... Well.. I wouldn't say I knew him, but I knew of his beliefs."
"You.. knew him..?"