»»----- Start -----««

Todoroki's POV

I put on my P.E. uniform. It didn't really make a difference whether or not we were allowed to wear our hero costumes. After putting it on, I made my way to the class 1-A waiting room. There, I saw Midoriya. He's got a quirk similar to All Might's, huh? I approached the green haired boy.

"Todoroki? What is it?" asked Midoriya. Everyone turned their heads to face us.
"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you." I stated. Everyone seemed to be shocked.
"H-huh? Y-yeah..."
"But... All Might has his eyes on you, doesn't he?" I continued. What am I saying? Why am I saying this? Is my father really getting to me? "I'm not trying to pry about that, but I'm going to beat you." The boy's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh? Is the best in the class making a declaration of war?"
"Hey, hey, hey! Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden?" Kirishima approached the both of us. "Not now, we're about to start!" He placed his hand on my shoulder, but I quickly shook it off.
"I'm not here to play at being friends." I stated simply. If Y/N heard me now... what would she think?

"Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me, but of course you're better than me," replied Midoriya. "I think you're more capable than most people... Looking at it objectively..." Kirishima tried to make Midoriya stop spouting such negative words, but he cut Kirishima off. "But, everyone... The students from the other courses are aiming for the top with everything they've got! I can't afford to fall behind." He stopped to look at me. "I'll be going for it with everything I have too." Afterwards, I walked away and onto the field as the sports festival had just begun.

Our class made our way onto the field as Present Mic introduced each of the classes. Midnight called Bakugou up for our class pledge. Supposedly he got first place in the entrance exam, so I'm not surprised.

"I pledge... that I'll be number one." Is he an idiot?!

The other classes began to 'boo' our class. Great... A bad reputation is exactly what we needed.. I rolled my eyes. Once he descended from the podium, Midnight introduced the first game. An obstacle race? Sounds simple enough. I listened as she explained the rules, but in the end all the mattered to me was getting first. After all, my old man would be watching.

"Start!"

The moment Midnight yelled 'start,' everyone charged through. The students crowded into a narrow tunnel and began pushing and shoving each other left and right. I took this as a chance to slow the others down by freezing most of them in place while running ahead of the rest. Annoyingly enough, some managed to make it through. Behind me, Mineta attempted to use his quirk against me, but he was easily smacked out of the way by a robotic hand.

"...the first barrier! Robo Inferno!" These are what they had to fight in the entrance exam? If they went through this much trouble, I wish they would've prepared something better... Since my stupid old man is watching. I sent a glacier of ice in the direction of the robots, easily putting them out of commission. Behind me I could hear shouts from the other students.

"He stopped them!"
"Between their legs! We can get through!"

"I wouldn't if I were you. I froze them when they were unbalanced. They'll fall over." I stated, continuing on with the course. I heard praise from Present Mic, but I didn't quite pay attention to what he said. Would Y/N be proud of me right now?

Up ahead I spotted the next obstacle.

"Hey, hey! The first barrier was a piece of cake! Then what about the second?" I heard Present Mic's announcement overhead. "If you fall, you're out! If you don't wanna fall then crawl! It's 'The Fall!'"

The Fall? As if the first obstacle wasn't easy enough.

I simply froze the rope and slid as I went along, quickly making it to the end of the obstacle... if you could call it one. I glanced behind me. Bakugou was in the air, launching himself over the obstacle with his explosions. I'm not letting him get ahead. I quickened my pace until I reached the final obstacle.

"And now, we've quickly arrived at the final barrier!" announced Present Mic. "The reality here is... that it's a mine field! It's set up so that you can tell where the mines are if you look carefully! So you have to exploit your eyes and legs! By the way, these landmines are for games so they're not that powerful, but they're loud and flashy enough to make you wet your pants!"

I see. This is an obstacle that puts those in the lead at a disadvantage. Trying to make it entertaining, huh?

Behind me I heard explosions being launched. I turned slightly just in time to see Bakugou speed past me.

"Bastard, don't declare war on the wrong person!" he yelled as he attempted to hit me with one of his explosions. We began to battle as we ran, taking turns throwing and deflecting fists. Both of us came to a stop as we heard an explosion behind us. Midoriya! We saw the green haired boy be launched into the air on top of a piece of metal. He had used the mines to propel himself forward and in front of me and Bakugou! I immediately created a path of ice.

It'll make a path for those in the back... but I don't have time to worry about what's behind me!

Both Bakugou and I charged forward, just behind Midoriya. He had begun to lose momentum but he managed to slam the metal into the ground, creating another explosion. This not only blocked me and Bakugou, it also brought him in the lead. Now both Bakugou and I were trying to take the lead, but we were too slow... Midoriya finished the race in first, and I followed just after, taking second.

"The top 42 made it through to the next round. It's unfortunate, but don't worry even if you didn't make it! We've prepared other chances for you to shine." announced Midnight. "The real competition begins next! The press cavalry'll be all over it! Give it your all! Now then, here is the second game. I already know what it is, but what could it be? What could it be? I just said it, and now here it is..."

A cavalry battle?

"...the point value assigned to first place is... ten million!" Everyone turned their heads to stare at Midoriya. So I just have to take him down? With the help of the right people.. this will be a piece of cake.

Y/N's POV

My eyes fluttered open to find a white ceiling. I groaned as I got up from the bed. I'm in the infirmary? How long had I been asleep?! I looked around to find Recovery Girl staring at me, eyes wide with shock.

"Y/N! I was so scared you would never wake up!" she exclaimed, pulling me into a warm embrace.
"Of course I'd wake up!" I exclaimed, smiling at the old lady. "How long had I been asleep? What day is it?" I asked.
"Oh right! It's the middle of the sports festival right now!" she said. My eyes widened.
"It's happening right now?!"
"Yes it is! It's a shame you had to miss it... I'm sure you would've come in first!"
"That's alright..." If I'm being honest, I was disappointed that I couldn't participate in it, but it's good to know that I can still cheer my friends on! I quickly stood up and stretched. My body felt good as new.
"You managed to heal completely while you were in your coma. If I'm being honest, it's a miracle!" I looked around to see an assortment of gifts left by my classmates. A particular gift caught my eye. It was a beautiful bracelet and along with it came a note. It was from Sho-chan! Smiling, I placed the bracelet around my wrist then turned to Recovery Girl.

 It was from Sho-chan! Smiling, I placed the bracelet around my wrist then turned to Recovery Girl

"Hey, do you think I could put on a little show for everyone?" I asked.

You're awake! What kind of show do I have in mind for you? What will everyone think when they see you? See you next time my wonderful blossoms!
~Lua