»»----- Spider -----««

Todoroki's POV

I lightly shook the sleeping girl. It was the next day and we were finally returning to school.

"Five more minutes." she whined, pulling the blankets over her head.
"Don't do that... you'll suffocate." I muttered, pulling the blankets just enough to keep her head exposed. Suddenly, Star came and began pawing at her face.
"Nooo Staaarrrr." whined Y/N. Her eyes fluttered open and her face shifted into a pout as she lifted the kitten into the air.
"Good to see you finally awake." I said.
"I don't want to go to school." whined Y/N.
"You need to get up at some point."
"Fine." she huffed, getting up from the bed and making her way downstairs. I heard her enter the bathroom. I had already gotten ready for the school day, so I was now left with little to nothing to do. My ears perked up at the sound of singing over the rushing water coming from downstairs.

♫ I see your monsters ♫
♫ I see your pain ♫
♫ Tell me your problems ♫
♫ I'll chase them away ♫
♫ I'll be your lighthouse ♫
♫ I'll make it okay ♫
♫ When I see your monsters ♫
♫ I'll stand there so brave ♫
♫ And chase them all away ♫

I smiled to myself as the words reached my ears. Several more minutes passed and eventually the sound of water ceased and sadly, the songs went away with it. I could hear Y/N wander into her closet. I descended from the loft and picked up my phone from the kitchen counter. I furrowed my brows as I noticed I had 13 unread text messages. All of them were from my dad. I flinched and nearly dropped my phone when a shriek came from Y/N's closet. I ran to the door and threw it open. I found Y/N huddling in a corner, staring at the opposite one with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked, trying to see what made her scream.
"Spider!" she screamed before running out. I squinted my eyes at the corner, and sure enough, there was a spider, but it wasn't just your typical everyday spider. It was the size of a fucking baseball. I immediately ran into the kitchen and grabbed a cup along with a piece of paper. I trapped the creature and carried it down the hall, towards Mineta's room. I slipped it underneath his door before returning to me and Y/N's dorm. She was sitting on the couch with her knees hugged to her chest.

"Is it gone?" she mumbled as I approached her.
"Yeah." I replied. "Made it someone else's problem."
"Who's?" she asked. Not a moment after, a loud yelp was heard through the wall.
"Mineta." I replied with a shrug. She immediately burst into laughter.
"It must've given him a heart attack!" she exclaimed with a smile on her face. I might go into cardiac arrest if she keeps smiling like that. "Oh yeah!" she exclaimed, suddenly hopping up from the couch. "We still need to have breakfast."

I watched as she made her way towards the kitchen and opened the refrigerator.

"What do you want for breakfast?" she asked, turning her head towards me.
"Anything is fine." I replied.
"Don't make me write the word 'anything' on a piece of paper." she said, deadpanning.
"Paper is technically edible, isn't it?"
"Do you really want to eat paper for breakfast?"
"Well, no."
"That's what I thought." she said. "I'm making pancakes I guess, but I can't make pancakes every morning."
"Why not? I like pancakes."
"Because it isn't good for your health." she replied, pulling out an assortment of ingredients.
"Whenever Fuyumi wasn't home, I would have ice cream for breakfast." She blinked at me for a second.
"How often was she away?"
"Weeks maybe even months at a time."
"And what did you have for lunch and dinner?"
"I ate at a nearby restaurant or something." Y/N let out a sigh of relief.
"That's a million times better than ice cream for every meal of the day."
"Although I wouldn't mind it."
"Not on my watch." she said as she began mixing a few ingredients together.
"You make it look so easy..." I mumbled, remembering the disaster I created during the internships.
"That's because it is." she replied with a grin. I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say." I said. She laughed lightly as she began flipping the pancake. I watched as the pancake flew into the air and flopped back into the pan. She made a few more pancakes before placing them on plates. I watched as she added an assortment of fruits on top, poured a bit of maple syrup, then finished the pancakes with a bit of powdered sugar.