»»----- Sleeping Flower -----««

Todoroki's POV

The villains had finally retreated, and Y/N had fallen unconscious yet again. I looked around and found her mother, Midnight, staring at me, tears in her eyes. She ran towards me and took the girl from my arms. As much as I wanted to hold her and keep her safe, she was better off with her mother. With people who could actually help. I took one last glance at her battered body before joining the rest of my class for a head count. The only people who got majorly injured were Aizawa, Midoriya, Thirteen, and Y/N... Y/N being in the worst condition of them all.

"Detective, what about Aizawa-sensei?" Tsu was concerned for our teacher, but I had someone more important in mind.
"Comminuted fractures in both arms and a facial fracture. Fortunately, there does not seem to by any serious brain damage," replied the detective. That means... Y/N is in even worse condition...
"What about Thirteen?" asked Mina.
"Thirteen has been treated. The laceration from the back to upper arm was bad, but Thirteen will survive. Recovery Girl's healing is enough to treat him so he's in the nurse's office," explained the detective.
"Deku...!"
"What about Midoriya?!"
"Midori...? Oh, treatment in the nurse's office is enough for him too." Everyone seemed to sigh of relief. Did they forget about Y/N?
"What about Y/N?" I asked, fearing his answer. The atmosphere grew tense.
"Y/N..." began the detective, "She'll be fine as long as she wakes up. If she doesn't... Recovery Girl might not be able to heal her. Almost every bone in her body has been shattered. Luckily enough, she didn't suffer any damage to the head. If that were the case... Let's not think about it."

I felt my heart sink. Did she really push herself that hard? She should've just stood to the side... Why didn't she stay back? Her words flashed through my mind. '... if I'm being honest, I'm too scared to close my eyes for a second. All it takes is one second for a life to be lost, after all.' Then why did you close your eyes? Keep them closed for any longer... and you could be gone...

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

It was the next day. News of the USJ incident had spread like wildfire. Apparently 72 villains had been arrested by the police. Y/N probably took care of most of them. I walked into class. My classmates were talking about how the attack was all over the news and how they each got a chance to be shown on the screen. Is that all they cared about. I was about to block out the unimportant conversations until I heard Y/N's name. I turned to see Uraraka crying with Midoriya trying to comfort her.

"Is.. Y-Y/N-chan o-okay?" she asked through sobs. At least someone other than me cares.
"I hope so..." replied Midoriya. He wore a grim expression. It looked like we were all fearing the worst.
"Don't say that! We need to have faith in her recovery!" yelled Iida.
"Y-yeah... Faith...." Uraraka couldn't stop the tears from flowing down her face.

Just then, we watched a mummified Aizawa enter the room.

"Aizawa-sensei! You're back too soon!" yelled the class. I simply remained silent.
"You're too much of a pro!"
"So you're all right, Aizawa-sensei?"
"Can you really call that 'all right'?"
"My well being doesn't matter," stated Aizawa. "More importantly, the fight is not over yet."
"Fight?"
"Don't tell me..."
"The villains again..?!"
"The U.A. sports festival is drawing near," explained Aizawa. "Sadly, one of our most powerful students won't be joining us for this event..." I followed his eyes to Y/N's seat. The class stared at the empty seat. Some had tears filling their eyes, but were quick to wipe them away. Are they just trying to ignore the fact that she's dying?! Suddenly, Uraraka spoke up.

"I know!!" Tears still streamed down her face. "Let's put together a basket of presents for when she wakes up!!" The class seemed to like the idea and were quick to agree.
"But how do we know what she'll like?"
"Yeah. What if she wakes up to find a bunch of stuff she doesn't care about?"
"I'm her best friend! I'll make a list of her favorite things!" exclaimed Uraraka. What should I get her?

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Class had come to an end and I decided to visit Y/N. I entered the infirmary to find an unconscious girl laying on one of the white beds. The H/C locks framed her sleeping face. Bandages wrapped her arms and legs. What would you be doing now if you were awake? I felt a warm liquid on my face. Was I... crying..? I haven't cried in years... I heard the door open behind me. To my surprise, I saw Uraraka and Midoriya standing in the doorway. Uraraka's eyes were red and puffy while Midoriya looked like he was on the verge of tears.

"What did we do to deserve her?" the brunette asked.
"We don't." responded Midoriya. The brunette looked at me.
"Hey.. cheer up.. She wouldn't want to see you like this.. would she?" she asked. My eyes widened at her words. "She would want you to be happy... That's what she would want for all of us..." I wiped the tears from my face. "Instead, she would want us to be doing our best in the sports festival, right? So let's do our best... for Y/N-chan." I won't let you down... I'll make you proud.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Days went by, and the sports festival was tomorrow. The project we had done was due last week, but Aizawa cancelled it seeing as we were in no mood to present anything. I had been training harder than ever before. But in doing so I blocked off all my classmates. I needed to focus on getting stronger. If I wanted to win, I needed to remove all distractions. My father simply assumed that I was training to achieve *his* goal. He had never been more wrong in his entire life. I was training for someone that matters... not someone who ruined my life. I had been visiting Y/N ever since that day. Everyone had left a present on the table by her bed. The table was littered with flowers, get well cards, stuffed animals, chocolates, and many more. Even Aizawa brought her a bouquet of flowers. I, on the other hand, left a gold bracelet. It was decorated with the pink sakura flowers she loved so much. Beside it, I left a note which I had written this morning before going to school.

'Hey. I've never written a letter before, so here we go... At the time I am writing this, you've been asleep for 5 days now. Please wake up. Everyone is worried about you. Neither All Might or your mother have smiled ever since the incident at USJ. The festival is tomorrow. I want you to be there. To watch me compete with a smile on your face. I want you to be with us. So please open your eyes. I don't want you to disappear. So please. Wake up, my sleeping flower.
- Shouto'

I placed the note carefully on the table along with the bracelet

I placed the note carefully on the table along with the bracelet. Wake up, my sleeping flower.

Umm... well... I'll be honest... I got really sad while writing this. Sadly, Reader-chan won't be able to compete in the festival. (We all know you wanted to punch Bakugou in the face.) See you in the next chapter, my blossoms!
~Lua