Enemies With Benefits - Chapter 9

Friday, March 2nd

Word Count: 1000

Davina's POV

With my hands clenched at either side of my body, I ignored them and moved up in the line.

"Caleb...she's here by herself again." Elijah came with a silly smirk on his face and stood in front of me.

"Now's not the time or place squirt." I rolled my eyes, clenching my jaw. This will attract lots of attention and I hated being in the center of attention in public.

Caleb chuckled and defended Elijah, "And who are you calling a squirt? It's possible we can have a beat down. So you better watch your mouth."

"I didn't really took notice that Caleb was your bodyguard. It kinda sucks." I admitted.

Elijah kept his stare down on the ground for a moment with the killer smile on his face. He raised her head up and his hair flickered from his brown eyes, "You're getting a beat down before you leave."

"Finally." Caleb breaths out.

"Two bugs to smash. I think I've lost my appetite." I stepped out the line and their broad shoulders and tall bodies blocked my path.

"Where do you want to have it?"

"I'll set a date. Tomorrow in the abandoned house at four. Show up alone. I'll surely beat the crap out of you." I smirked with my hands in both pockets of my black leather pants.

"It's on, cupcake." He turned his back to leave but Caleb interrupted.

"Are you just gonna leave her here like this?" Caleb asked, staring hard on Elijah. He then looked between us.

"Man...come on. Now's not the time or place." Elijah said to him in a relaxed tone.

"You're soft." Caleb mumbled.

"What? You know what I'm capable of doing to you, so keep that filthy mouth of yours closed." Elijah demanded and Caleb didn't uttered another word. I watched as they left but Elijah turned around and looked at me once again before leaving Starbucks. I really lost my appetite. It was really the waste of my time. I exited the place and went to the parking lot where my bike was parked. A few people were passing by. I got a hard hit in the back of my head and I've completely wiped out.

...

I slowly opened my eyes in a very dark room. I groaned with a really terrible headache.

"Check if she's awake." I heard a very deep voice somewhere.

"Okay." I heard a door opened and the lights switched on. Caleb? I was in a fucking bed, in only a fucking shirt and fucking underwear. The fuck!

"Let's see...you kidnapped me for sex? Maybe if you really did asked for it...you know I'd kill you fair and square and you know that. So the best way to do it was to kidnap me? How sensitive and irritating." I pressed my fingers against my forehead and closed my eyes because of the really bad headache.

"Maybe you'll like what I have for you." Caleb stood there casually with both hands in his pocket.

"You want to ask me a favor?" I scoffed.

"Sort of." He slowly walked over to me, looking down at me, admiring my body.

"No."

"Trust me, you'll love this one."

"What then?"

"Well...I never really hated you and I acted like it because of Elijah. I need you to help me wipe out Elijah."

"What do you mean wipe out? I don't want to kill anyone. I rather beat the crap out of someone than committing murder. That's crime we're talking about here."

"You're not really going to kill him. I just need you to try to kidnap him for me. Get close to him...act as if you're all fine with him. Do what girls do, to get guys attention. Impress him or something."

"And what do I get from doing all this?"

"Well...it comes with a lot of money. $5000." He smirked with his hair flickering in front  his eyes.

"I'm in...but under one condition...it doesn't means I like you and bring my clothes back." I ordered him.

"They're right there in that chair. I think you have a fight to prepare  for with him. Soon." He said, brushing a hand over his hair.

"I know." I felt my upper body and realized I wasn't in a bra. I turned my back to him and took the shirt off. Yes, I was only in panties. I didn't really cared if he wanted to look. It was an obvious fact that I wasn't born in clothes. I'm pretty sure he saw lots of girls this way, and naked. So this shouldn't bother him.

"You know I'm in here right?" He asked.

"And what's that suppose to do with me?" I asked back, taking an elastic band from my arm and catching my hair in a ponytail. I got my black shirt and got it on my body, put on my black leather pants and took up my jacket, slinging it over my shoulder.

"You're one piece of hot enemy." He smirked with his brows arched.

"I like it better when you don't tell me I'm hot. What else do you want to do with me?" I sighed.

"I can't just let you go through the door like that. You're in a very dangerous house and I will be the one escorting you out."

"What do you mean dangerous?"

"This isn't just a house. There's lots of kidnappers, drug dealers, and thugs here. So I'll be the one to guide you out here." He opened the door and as I stood  next to him...he stared down at me.

"Don't think of giving me those looks. I'm not one of the vulnerable girls you play with. You want me to do your shit for you...don't flirt with me because it ain't working."

"I really, really like you. So rude and Boujee."

Caleb was dragging me in some deep shit. It was really not good to stab a friend in the back. Elijah, I'm coming for you.

--