Enemies With Benefits - Chapter 27

Davina's POV

I stared at the message for a very long time.  Like officially a really long time.

“What is it?” Elijah asked, taking his clothes off, left in only boxers.

I gulped, “It's nothing.”

Oh hell yes, it was something.

I replied to Caleb's message.

Can't talk now. I'm busy.

Elijah sat on the bed in only boxers waiting for me to join him, “Should I wait any longer?”

“Maybe.” I forced a smile.

“I can't wait any longer.” He told me being a little bit too impatient.

“Fine.” I threw the phone on the table and dive into bed with him. His arm was wrapping around my waist, the minute I joined him in bed.

“So...what are we?” He asked, stroking my cheeks.

“I still hate you.” I said.

“So you're saying that we are still enemies?” he asked.

“Something like that.” I smiled.

“Can we be something more? Something official? You know?” He brushed the hair from my eyes.

“Official? More? I don't know Elijah. Honestly.” God, I want more but I need to tell him about the deal I had will Caleb. Ugh!

“Let me help you to know.” He smiled.

I heard my phone chimed again, “Let me get that.” I sprung up from the bed, running towards the room to check the other message.

You're not doing this well Davina. Something is going on between you two and the minute I find out, it will not be pretty. Don't get too touchy. Use him so I can get a better chance to kidnap him. Understood?

|C|

I froze staring at the message. My fingers were trembling as I replied.

Understood.

That was basically it. The end of our conversation. I looked at Elijah then looked down feeling full and guilty of myself. I was doing something wrong and I knew it was wrong. Despite the fact that I was starting to like him, I can't think of handing him over just like that. No.

I joined Elijah back in bed and sighed, “So when are we leaving this place?” I asked.

“When it's safe. We can hang out for a bit if you wish.”

“Mmm... that sounds okay.” I told him.

I could tell that he wanted to sleep. His eyes were shutting down really slowly.

“Goodnighg Dav.” He said weakly.

He nicknamed me. The thought of Caleb nicknaming the same way Elijah just did came back to mind.

“Goodnight Eli.” We both slept but sadly enough I didn't even sleept well, knowing that in any second Caleb will take Elijah away from me.

It was my fault after all.

-

The morning was peaceful. I opened my eyes but Elijah wasn't there. I checked the bathroom but he wasn't there either? Where was he? I walked down the hall calling him, “Elijah!” But not a  sign of him.

I went downstairs and he was just coming in with a brown paperbag with some stuffs in it.

“Where were you?” I asked.