Enemies With Benefits - Chapter 52

A/N: Please check out the competition above guys. Let's see who's lucky!

Davina's POV

It was actually weird going to shop with Merhaba. You remembered our last moment right? Crucial. It was pretty weird that none of us seemed to talk. Just the noise of the other cars passing, small chatterings from the people outside and the sound of birds chirping.

I would not date Merhaba if I could. He seemed like friend material. Since he was not going to talk, I guess I will.

"So your mouth is glued together now?" I asked. I know I was being a little bit too sarcastic with my question.

He scoffed, staring the car, "I was waiting on you to say the first few words. What can I say, I'm bad at starting convos. I rather end them."

"Great way to explain it." I was being a little bit too rude though. I was.

"You can drop the act Davina. I don't like like you anymore." He told me but could I believe him?

"Like you could fool me." I rolled my eyes then sighed after.

"Seriously..." He says. "So...the plan... you're still up to it right?"

I wished but... Elijah broke me and left, telling me that Caleb and I fucking deserve each other like he was on crack or something.

"About that..." I looked down on my laps on the dark ripped jeans I had on, "He kinda broke up with me because he thinks Caleb and I deserves each other."

He took a small glance at me, "That doesn't makes sense to me. How did you even get to speak to him? I thought Caleb sent him away...out of the country."

"That's the thing. Elijah didn't go. I don't know how but he didn't. He left me for nothing."

"That's bullshit..." He shakes his head unbelievably, "That means you're single right?"

"Oh come on Merhaba. I'm not up for what you're thinking. You're making me feel like a slut."

"No I'm not." He laughed it off , "What were his last words before he broke up with you?"

I took a deep breath in, setting my lips to prepare them for what Elijah said to me, his last words, "I love you... those were his last words."

Merhaba didn't say a word when I told him that..it took him some time to utter a few, "Normally when Elijah says that...he will come back...what he needs for you to understand is that..he will come back...even if he broke up with you...he needed that space to reserve new plans to get you away from Caleb."

"That's not true. The way he looked at me when he said that... there's no fucking coming back in that Merhaba. That's the Elijah you know, but the Elijah I know will never come back."

"What did he said before that?"

I sighed again, “What if I told you everything? Piece of it won't get anywhere.”

“I'm listening.”

2 days ago...

“Davina...I cannot live like this anymore. It's torturing me when I know I cannot have you to myself. I need to leave you for good.”

“No no no no no. When you mean leave, you mean leave leave as in break up?”

He didn't say a word for some time. He opens his mouth and say, “I love you so much but...”

“But what? Tell me.”

“But I'm so sick of spending all the nights alone without my own girlfriend I cannot have to myself.”

“Me too Elijah. You said you will help me get away from him. Please don't give up on me that easily.”

“What I'm I suppose to do? If you were right about Caleb, he will never let me come around you. That's the reason why he wanted me to leave the country. So that we both won't get any closer.”

“We can still make this work. We can. Just give it more time to process.”

“I am really sorry Davina but I don't think that will ever work. I really don't. I am sorry but we are over.”

“Please don't do this to me. Don't.” I begged him

“I have to. I love you Davina.”

“Elijah... don't. If you do that...”

“It doesn't makes sense if you threaten me. Are you going to tell him I'm in the country?”

“I will not...just please don't leave me on my own. I cannot fight this myself. Help me fight this. Please don't leave me.” I will not breathe without Elijah. I will not.

“I really don't have a better choice Dav.” He was trying not to break down. I could see it.

“You do. You do have a better choice Elijah. I'm begging you not to do this to me.” I reached out touching his arms.

“Honestly I don't. I have to go.” He tells me, taking his hand from my very own.

“Go where Eli. Where? You know that you're hurting me right?” I asked him, tears at the brim of my eyes.

He took some time to answer my question, “I...I don't know.”

“Don't be so insecure Eli. You know that you're hurting me so stop denying it.” One tear falls from the left eye.

“Fine...but I really have to go now. I really want to help you get out of this but you don't need me. You are...."

“I am what Elijah? I am fucking what!? Happier with Caleb? Yea...I know you were going to say that. Stop being so stubborn and so low of yourself Elijah. I am begging you not to do this to me.” I was angry yet sad at the same time.

“I have to go Dav. I am really sorry.”

“Don't... please don't leave me.”

He leans forward and pecks my lips, “I love you.”

He left.

Merhaba kindly rest his hand on my shoulder gently rubbing it, “I am so sorry...let me...take you for coffee after our shopping trip.”

He was being super nice of a friend...so I can't refuse his offer. I really don't need to be emotional right now. I need to take Elijah off my mind.

“Okay...I'm in!”

-

So hey guys...I am really sorry for the late update...I need to apologize. I promise you guys that I will give u a bonus chapter!

Click this link for me please below:

https://vm.tiktok.com/Knc7Hj/

Q: So who wants Merhaba to be Davina's bff?

Krystal