Enemies With Benefits - Chapter 30

Davina's POV

I was terrified and lost and angry, too many mixed up emotions. I was wrong and I can't blame him for that. It was my cause and this was the effect from it. More warm tears ran down my cheeks, hugging my hands to my chest due to how cold I felt, walking. I didn't know where I was but I wasn't far away from his house. My eyes came in contact with a nearby river. I found myself walking towards the river. I sat on a rock, rotating my eyes to the cluster of stars, and more tears following behind. I was breaking.

⚪Elijah's POV 🔴

My fucking best friend was in this shit all along. Fucking unbelievable. I was sitting on the floor with my eyes red and my fingers tangled in my knotted hair. It makes sense. Why? Because the only person who knows where my grandparents house was Caleb and he knows I will be there. But I felt bad in myself that I ran Davina away. I was too harsh on her. Without hesitating I grabbed my jacket and ran out the house, looking for her. She wasn't anywhere and she couldn't have gotten any far. I spent quite a long time trying to find her but there was no luck. I gave up and walked. I saw someone sitting on a rock.

I walked up to the person slowly and it took me some time to recognize that it was her.

“Davina.” I touched her and she turned her head around. Her eyes were swollen from all the crying and I never saw her cried before. She was telling the truth. Guess I could see right through her.

She shivered. I took my jacket putting it around her shoulders. She sobbed in my chest and I hugged her closely towards me.

“I'm sorry Davina. I'm sorry that I ran you away just like that. I was worried about you so I came—”

She placed her index finger on my lips, “I should be the one to apologise.” She said, weakly like any minute she will just faint.

“We both should apologize.” I said, lifting her slightly heavy body from the rock in bridal style. “Let's go and rest.”

I watched her eyes shut slowly and she fell asleep in my arms. I took her back to the house up to the bedroom. I placed her on the bed and took her shoes off while she slept. I removed her jacket and clothing. She was only in her undies. I found a night gown in the closet and put it on her body. I tucked her in and stepped back to look at her. It was weird knowing that I have some feelings with someone I hate this much. I head downstairs and picked up the phone. I dialed Merhaba's number and called him.

Hey man.

I heard noise in his phone like he was at some party or something.

Hey bro. Haven't seen you for some time now.

I know but I need you to listen to me.

Okay.

Go somewhere no one is.

I heard the noise finally disappeared from his phone.

Okay. I'm in some deep shit with Hamsters men and Caleb set them on me so he can't be trusted.

What the fuck?

I know. I'm hiding out at the old house. I need you to come by tomorrow. Can you do that for me?

Anything for you brother.

Not a word to anyone, especially Caleb. Got it?

Yea.

Beep.

I hang up and went up back to the room where she was sleeping. I joined her in bed and hugged her waist inhaling her scent. I will not let anyone hurt her nor me.

Davina's POV

I heard voices downstairs when I got up. The voices woke me up tho. I stepped my feet on the cold floor, rubbing my stomach. I was experiencing some cramps in the lower abdomen. I head downstairs and stopped the minute I saw Merhaba. Merhaba wasn't shocked when he saw me, like Elijah told him about us.

Elijah turned his head to look at me, standing towards his feet and walking over to me, resting his hands on my hips, “Are you okay?”

“Not really.” I told him honestly.

“What is it? You're hungry?”

“No. I've been feeling cramps in my lower abdomen.” I told him.

He leant in a little closer and whispered, “Have you checked your panties?”

Shit. My menstrual.

“That could be it. Do you have any pads here?” I asked.

“I think there are some in the drawer upstairs.” He said.

“Okay.” I smiled weakly looking over his shoulder to look at Merhaba.

“Before you go, from now on you're friends with Merhaba. Okay?”

“Yes...” I said agreeing to him. I had no other choice.

Elijah turned around looking at Merhaba, “Merhaba I'm leaving her under your watch while I go out and fetch a few things. Okay?”

“Okay.” Merhaba noded a little. “I don't mean to get myself in your private life but are you guys dating?”

Elijah looked at me and I looked at him, “No.” Elijah and I both said at the same time.

“Okay.” Merhaba said, but his look told me that he didn't believe us.

Elijah turned to me, “I'll be back okay?”

I nodded. Elijah took his jacket and exits the house. I went back upstairs to get changed since I was on my period. If I only had painkillers.

I texted Elijah telling him to buy some painkillers. I freshen up, heading back downstairs in jeans and one of Elijah's shirt. Merhaba was watching soccer on the old television. His feet crossed on the table, relaxing over a bowl of potato chips.

I went to find something to eat in the kitchen. Pizza will do. I heat the pizza in the microwave along with a glass of whiskey I found in the cupboard. I went back to the living room with the food, sitting in the other couch away from Merhaba..

“I don't bite.” Merhaba told me with his mouth full.

I ignored him, enjoying the slice of pizza.

“Okay.” He dug his hands in the bowl for some more chips.

I hope Elijah comes back, because I'm worried.

--

Heyyyyyyyyy! I need your opinions. What chapter should I end this book? It's up to you. I was thinking probably fifty. Idk.

Q: Who trusts Merhaba? Why?

Krystal