Enemies With Benefits - Chapter 50

Davina's POV

I was at home in bed curled up, staring at one place, tears running from my eyes and I had nothing to do otherwise. It felt like he pushed me aside and finally moved on. But...it just doesn't made any sense to me at all. Caleb wasn't here. He had to took care of some stuffs with his men. It broke my heart terribly and there was no fixing back. I just laid  there unable to breathe properly.

I heard shuffling coming from the window behind me. I turned around slowly looking around to see Elijah coming through the window. He dropped himself inside the room and stood there looking at me. I couldn't stand to look at him so I turned my back.

“What are you here for? To tell me that you're fucking sorry and that it was whatever.” I said with my back turned.

He didn't said anything. He just sighed.

“If you're here for nothing get the fuck away.” I didn't want to be like this but God, he made me like this.

I heard him walked closer to the bed and I felt the bed sunk. He seemed like he was laying down, then he wrapped one arm around me.

“Elijah...let me the fuck go.” I knew to heaven that I didn't wanted him to let me go but I was pissed. Too pissed to even looked at him.

“Turn around and look at me.” He said against my neck.

“No Elijah.” I sat up but with my back turned this time to him. I couldn't looked at him. I could still remember his words from earlier. I could.

"I am not good enough for you, like it or not."

“Look...” He started.

“I am not good enough for you, like it or not? How the hell I'm I not good enough for you!?”

“Davina...” He said my name calmly.

“Don't fucking Davina me!” I turned around with my fists curled. Old Davina was kicking back in. “You hurt me Elijah then you said that we should live pass us. We have made it this fucking far and that's what you wanted to do.”

“Just please listen to me.”

“Listen to you? I will not. You listen to me. I think you've said enough back at the restaurant Elijah. It's your turn to listen to me.” I was biting the tears in. I cannot cry in front of him. “What is it that you want Elijah? Let me know. Because I don't want to care for someone who's not going to care for me Elijah.”

He swallowed and bit the inside of his cheeks, “I care for you but you seem happier with him and more comfortable. I don't need to damage all that.”

“You are so fucking confusing. Normally if Caleb was that close to me in that way, you would rip his head off already.”

“But I can't. He's a monster.”

“Monster. Not when you know him. Not when you know what he had gone through. I'm the only person he trust.”

“So you two are really close to each other that much.” He was jealous and I could hear it.

“No! But he's not the person you think he is.”

“What do you mean?”

I told him everything that Caleb told me. Everything.

“Bullshit!” He shouted, “Lies.”

“No. I can tell when someone like Caleb is lying but he was not.”

“You know what...I shouldn't have come here.” He came off the bed and stood up.

“I don't get you Elijah. You are not the Elijah I know. You are acting even worst than before.”