Enemies With Benefits - Chapter 55

Davina's POV

So basically when I got up the next morning, I thought of doing something new. You know I loved my art. So what I was doing was painting a picture of how I felt.  The breakup, the iniquities, insecurities, I had to find some type of way to get them off my chest. You know. Like what most girls do to get the extra beef off their chest.

“I see you.” Caleb walks downstairs with a rather messy hair, genuine smile and wearing sleeping shorts.

I smiled a little, “Is there a problem I do what makes me feel inspired and free?” Not actually free.

“Not at all. I just didn't know that you had it in you. The Davina I know was a badass.”

“So you're trying to say that I'm not that type of girl anymore?” I asked looking up, from my painting to look at him.

“I mean... not necessarily.” He speaks truthfully.

“Okay...do you need me to prove it to you?” I asked, standing up to my feet with a smirk and some paint in my hand.

“Davina what are you going to do?” He looked at me in terror making small steps backward.

“Oh nothing, since you said that I wasn't the badass I was before.” I made small steps towards him.

He looked down at the paint in my hand then looked me in the eyes, “What are you thinking Davina?”

“Oh nothing.” I continued stepping towards him. Then something came to mind. I stopped, “I was just getting this.” I took up another painting brush, which I will not need.

“Really and I thought-”

“Thought what?” I smiled.

“Nothing. I will go make you some breakfast. It's a special.” He turned his back but he shouldn't have done that. I took the paint and poured it all over his head, well, his entire body.

“Badass still proven.” I giggled so hard.

“You tricked me.” He laughed but taking the remainder of paint and poured some on me.

My mouth went from laughter to 'o' , “Oh my god. Caleb!”

He laughed, “What? Pink paint suits you perfectly.”

No I hate pink. For me, pink stinks. I just hate the colour.

“You know I don't like pink!”

“Actually I don't. Maybe I should buy more pinky stuffs for you!” He dashed some more pink Paint on me.

“And I won't take them!” I took another paint and poured the entire bucket on him.

“Who's gonna clean this mess?” He said with a smirk.

“We...since we both added to the mess I seem to be the cause.”

“We? New word.” He took small steps to get closer to me.

“Normal thing.” I say, looking away a little bit shyly.

“And the pink on you...damn.” He smiled. I know he was teasing me.

“Stop.” I said.

Now we were extremely close. So close I couldn't feel the air inside my lungs. Stupid. I know. Things began to look strange and sticky but weird.

He was so close our bodies and mouths could meet anytime now. He kindly lifts my chin up and our eyes meet..

No.

I stepped back, “I ah... I'll clean this mess up.”

“Okay. I'll make us some breakfast but first I need to wash the paint off.” He walked away.

Phew! HE wasn't so bad after all.

Elijah's POV

I watched them both throwing paints at each other and laughing then...you know what...I can't do this.

“Are you ready man?” One of the guys asked me.

Yea. I found some men to help me with this shit. So I'm gonna risk it for my girl and show my face.

“Let's go in.”

--

So guys I have to start back with a short chapter since I have to write chapters for my other books on this account and my other account. Thank you all for your time...the book is coming to an end!

Q: Say what is on your mind about this chapter with Caleb, Davina and Elijah

Comment + Vote = Cote

Thanks for reading. More to come.

Krystal