Enemies With Benefits - Chapter 46

Davina's POV

So he left and I was here with Caleb. He came back an hour after Elijah left. Only thing Caleb was here with some of his men discussing business.

“Head back to the quarterback, then you will see him with the stuffs.” Caleb told his men and they nod in agreement.

Since I was the housewife I had to made them something to eat then just sat there waiting for them to order something else then I have to go fetch it or prepare it.

The men left and then Caleb lets out a sharp sigh running his fingers through his hair, “Business has been so rough since dad is in jail.” He muttered to himself. “I can't deal with it anymore.”

I just sat in the couch with my legs crossed and my hands to myself. My eyes were glued to the television and I was deep in thoughts. I ran a hand over my hair and sighed silently.

Caleb walks over to me and sat next to me, “You’re like the only person I have. The realest person right now.”

Wow. How intimidating.

“I can no longer be this guy. I can't keep living for my father.”

Wait..what? What did he mean by that?

“What... do you mean?” I croaked out.

“You see...I visited my father in prison every chance I get.”

Caleb's POV

✨💎     🄵🄻🄰🅂🄷🄱🄰🄲🄺     💎✨

Each time I visited my father, it makes my heart weaker and weaker. I knew he was wrong of beating a woman but I act as if it wasn't his fault which I shouldn't. My fingers were shaking when I stepped inside the building.

“I'm here to see-”

“I know. You've visited him almost everyday.” She checks in and I nod. The other cops walked me to where he was. Other People visited their families probably others.  I was just here for the father I missed during my childhood.

I sat down looking at the man that  was cruel. I know he was but I just pretended like I didn't.

I took up the telephone looking at him beyond the screen and he was doing the same at me. I slowly pressed it to my ears and looked down for a sec before looking at him again, “Father.”

“Caleb. Wow. You look...great.” He compliments. Thing was, I was tired of working for him and with his men. I hated it.

“I know that's not what you want to say to me father.”

A dirty smile adds to his face, “You got that right. I need to get out of here but you need to kill Elijah. He put me in this cell.”

“Kill? Father what are you talking about? He's my best friend.”

“Are you seriously going to put that dirty little shit hole over your father? He put me behind bars and set me the fuck up.” He was fusing in anger and I could see it in his eyes.

Tears were in my eyes.

“You are going to do as I say and you're going to kill him. Then when you're done killing him try everything in your power to get me the fuck out of this place. And no son of mines should shed a tear.”

Then that's when I realized my father didn't really cared about me. He wanted me to do his dirty works but I just needed to do it to make him happy. But where will I get my happy ending

“Kill the bastard.”

My father was cruel and I just had to do what he asked me to do.

End of flashback

“That's why I need you. I need someone to care for me.” He tells me.

I sighed, “That's not how it works Caleb.”

“I need to stop working for him. I can't do it anymore.”

Wait... I think I know what that means.

Now I see why he has to backstab Elijah. I have to do something.

--

Sorry for the late update guys. Next chapter will be a bonus chapter. Thanks for reading.

Q: Who's the bad guy now?

Krystal